Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lint clothes washer

Posted by paulmars (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 20:13

my 1986 design 2000 clothes washer is not removing all the link from clothes. The lint filter does trap some and I clean it every time. However, clothes still come out with loose pieces on them and I need to pick it all off. Its been like this for the last year or two. How can I clean out the lint filter system? I opened the washer back and bottom panels, but I dont see how the waster filters. IS there a schematic I can get?

tks,
pa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lint clothes washer

The back panel does not open on a Design 2000 so I have to wonder what you did in that regard. First remove a couple screws that anchor the console to the top, then the entire console hinges back for access to a couple clips that anchor the cabinet to the rear panel (disconnect the lid switch wiring plug). The top/lid and outer cabinet (front and sides) comes off (together as a one-piece assembly) for access to the mechanism.

Be easier to confirm if you posted the exact model number of the machine ... but a machine of that vintage probably has a passive comb-type filter mounted under the inner basket. There are four holes in the basket under the agitator, small fins under the agitator base help circulate water through the filter during agitation then the accumulated lint is flushed/spun away. Not unusual the filter gets clogged over time, but they didn't do a great job anyway. Only way to get to it is pull the basket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here