Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
installing sub zreo fridge and wolf oven from USA

Posted by wildy (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 12 at 19:27

we have been able to purchase a whole kitchen from USA which already has a Sub zero fridge : BI36U and Wolf oven :DF604CF being wired up for USA, my question is would they be able to be used here given the 110v USA and 240v Australia . ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: installing sub zreo fridge and wolf oven from USA

No offence, but why not consult with Sub-Zero/Wolf and with an electrician, as opposed to asking about it here?
Sorry if that's coming off as a bit rude, but honestly you need to check with those parties regardless.

I hope it all works out for you. I'd be excited about getting that kitchen!

o

yeah , have done that twice, first time didn't want to know about it, second time reasonable but bottom line none non-committal.

o

Click the helpful link at the end of my post.
The Wolf range you chose is a Dual Fuel and runs off
208-240 Volts (scroll down the left column once you open the link).

If Australia is 50HZ like Europe is, then you will have a problem with the clock and any timers. It is also "Possible" that the cooling fans within the range are rated for 60 Hz only at at the very least would run slower at 50HZ. You would unfortunately have to get that info from Wolf.

Most all US Fridges run off 120 volts, so you would at the very least need a step down transformer 240 to 120 volts and pretty large capacity too (amps or Watts). Again you could run into problems with the slower line frequency with the compressors motors & fan motors unless they are rated 50/60HZ.

Unfortunately Wolf/SZ keeps such a "Tight lid" on the technical info about their products that they are probably the only source for this info alto you can try Goggling
SZ compressor + model of fridge, and also do the same for evaporator fans, etc etc.

Sorry, it looks like this could be a bit of a PITA!

Good luck with it!

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: Wolf DF Range Specifications

o

Thanks Gary, had already downloaded all the specs , it is sounding like it is not a good idea . thanks again .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here