Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonnie45

kitchen ranges

nonnie45
13 years ago

Hi: I am new to this so please bear with me. I am trying to compare the GE Profile 30" dual fuel range with baking drawer to the Electrolux dual fuel range with two ovens and the kitchenAid 30" dual fuel range with a double oven. Any insights, comments, etc. would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (6)

• muffinqueen
    13 years ago

nonnie, I'm going to bump this up so maybe we can both get some answers. I am neck deep in plans for a complete kitchem remodel, and I've decided The Stove Dilemna may be the most difficult decision I have to make. I too want a double oven range--possibly dual fuel--with a second oven that actually cooks and doesn't burn everything. I will say, that after having read several hundred posts on this board, that people are down on KA stoves. People seem to like their Profiles, but Electrolux has some nice features, like those famous sliding racks. I have also looked at the GE Cafe, but some of the negative reviews are a little scary. Here's hoping that we will both get some answers from the more experienced folks on this board.

• swisscook
    13 years ago

just to add my two cents: we're looking at professional ranges but it we don't spring for the $$; we'll go with a GE Cafe. It was highly recommended as a 'step down' choice by several places we shopped; and a friend just installed one about a month ago and loves it. AS WITH ANY APPLIANCE: Find out the service contract options/extended warranty etc. I've owned several products by Electrolux and trust me, I've needed to use that extended plan often. Perhaps that is the case with all of these brands. Also, check out GE's service in your area, I hear they have their own contractors who service them...Overall, the Cafe has great styling and a lot of bang for your buck!

• warmfridge
    13 years ago

There was another thread recently about double oven ranges. Try the search at the bottom of the forum.

• Kieffers_Guy
    13 years ago

It all depends on what you cook. Do you need high output burners? (I believe the Cafe has an 18k power burner, not sure how the Elux and KA measure up).

Swisscook is correct, check out the service network in your area. GE DOES send their own techs out which separates them from KA, Elux, etc.

I'm a huge fan of the Cafe because of the look and the features. It's really not a true slide-in, but gives the appearance of one. The refrigerator is stylish and functional. They don't have many options within this line, (one OTR I believe and one dishwasher), but you have the choice of a couple of fridges (french door or side by side) and a duel-fuel or all gas range (in addition to the electric model).

Here is a link that might be useful: Want to laugh and learn about appliances? Read my blog!

• djg1
    13 years ago

My only point of reference is the 30" GE Profile range that we used for a dozen years plus -- recently removed from our house in favor of the range I really wanted. The profile worked well and never gave us any trouble. In that generation, the lower drawer was really just a warming drawer at best, not a second oven. But it was a good, solid, consistently performing stove and oven (all gas for our model). When we were still thinking of 30" ranges, we did take a good hard look at the GE Cafe as a more budget-conscious possibility (at least relative to other things on the list, and certainly relative to what we eventually bought). Frankly, I thought it was a very attractive offering.

• avin418
    12 years ago

Both of them have got there specific qualities...

Here is a link that might be useful: bestcookwaresstainless