Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FD refrigerators

Posted by boccemom (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 19:08

I am looking at the GE Profile FD PFSS9SKYSS vs the Samsug RFG298HDRS; I've heard the Samsung is loud and service unreliable but any feedback on the GE? thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FD refrigerators

GE doesn't get good reviews on here for fridges. With that said, my sister has a GE Cafe SxS that has performed well for the past 6 years. I have a Kenmore badged Samsung counter depth SxS and have had 0 problems. The only thing that I would consider "loud" is when the ice drops out of the icemaker into the bin (icemaker & bin are on the door). Other than that, the only sounds I hear out of it are the door open alarms.

The Samsung model you are looking at seems to have good reviews overall on BestBuy.com. Where did you hear it was loud? As far as service, I've heard and read good & bad on both companies and that really seems to be the norm these days--they all want to sell you the latest & greatest at a premium price, but when you need something after the sale, you have to fight for it tooth & nail.

One thing to look for on those French Door fridges that you may not have noticed, is how much clearance there is between the drawer & the refrigerator doors when you open the freezer drawer. We found that most FD refrigerators had very little clearance between the two which meant to get most things out of the freezer, you would have to open the fridge doors as well.

Hope this helps!

o
RE: FD refrigerators

That helps a lot! Didn't think about the clearance issue but will go back to store to check it out. Thanks for the input; am leaning toward the Samsung and when all remodeling is complete, will post my own thoughts. Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here