Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Berta Hood over Berta Range

Posted by MaggieQ (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 19:03

Anyone used a Bertazzoni hood over their Berta range or rangetop?

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Berta Hood over Berta Range

Hi MaggieQ - I did! We just installed berta hood over 36" berta range. So far we love it! Amy

o

Amy,which one of the Berta hoods? Pix would be wonderful!

Was just informed by my Berta dealer that the supplier for Berta hoods is no longer, and that ordering a Berta badged hood is now a 3-6 month wait. He reported that the hood is not actually made by Berta, but ones they rebadge. Grrrr.

Thanks, MQ

o

3-6 Months!!! Mine certainly did not take that long. I picked it from the Berta website at the dealers. Was in within about a month, maybe a little longer I am not sure. I was not ready for delivery at that point. I don't have any pictures at work but will try to snap one tonight. Still a work in progress, no countertops, backsplash, etc. I purchased the Bertazzoni Professional Series KU36PRO1X. I see they are at the AJMadison website as well. Or you can contact Bertazonni from their web page and they will give you your regional distributor. We are happy with ours. It is not loud and captures smoke good. Have used it about 6-8 times so far, but working great! GC was impressed with the quality when he installed. Best of luck!!

o

We got our berta 30" pro model installed last week - and got the free hood with it.
We opted for a 36" hood.

This weekend was the first full test drive.

(Excuse the mid-remodel chaos of the picture... we're dyi'ing it and DH is building custom cabinets in place near the stove to match the old cabinets we're repainting.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

UCGAL, she's a beauty. We are on the east coast and also hope to take advantage of a free hood. Appears the offer is different from the west coast, which includes the Berta hoods.

We can get a free XO brand hood (made in Italy) with purchase of range....appears to be VERY similar to the Berta hoods. Think we will go that way, cause free is free! If we don't like it down the road, we can always swap it out.

o

MaggieQ - I have the same one that ucgal pictured above. I am also on East Coast and could have gotten the XO for a discounted price (but not free) but DH wanted the matching Berta hood. Certainly was not going to say no! I don't think you can go wrong either way!

o

gardenamy, I suspect the Berta hood offers vary from dealer to dealer. I didn't get anywhere with our dealer on a Berta hood. We can be happy with the free XO, although the hood would look awesome with that Berta log on full display! We are going with the 36 inch 5 burner range, replacing a 30+ year old electric cooktop and even older double ovens....be still my heart.

mq

o

MaggieQ - I have the same stove...and have to say I could hug it each and every time I walk into the kitchen! The XO will look great...and there is no logo on the Berta hood only the stove. I have noticed the oven cooks slightly lower in temperature, but I purchased a gauge to put into the oven so I can tell what temperature it is at and have no problems. Love the burners...and the nice big center one will be great when canning season rolls around. Enjoy your new baby!!!

o

I can confirm there's no berta logo on the berta hood.
Oh well, bling is nice, but not required. LOL.

FWIW our appliance vendor was Pacific Sales. They're pretty big here in So. California... not sure if they have locations outside of SoCal.

o

There's another hood promotion going on?

o

I don't know if the hood deal is everywhere. But Pacific Sales had it. I don't know if it's a continuation of the deal that was happening last year... or a new promotion. I just know that I saved some serious $$$ and got a better hood than what was in our budget.

I noticed on their website you could get a bertazzoni badge on the duct cover. We didn't get a duct cover because we need the cabinet space.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of bertazzoni badged duct covers. (pdf)

o

We live in VA, but were in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago, and had to go fondle a Berta in person.....hard to find where we live. Purcell Murray is the distributor for CA, not sure if their territory is wider. Their free ventilation promotion runs thru Jul 15. My dealer's promo is good thru the end of April. The hood we liked in SF was the K36CONX, and it did have the Berta logo on the chimney. We hope to start and finish our kitchen by the end of the summer....Berta here we come.

mq

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here