Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ribs1

DCS Wall Oven temperature increments

ribs1
12 years ago

Hello,

Planning to buy a DCS WOSU 30 single wall oven.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea about what temperature increments it displays? 5 degrees? 25 degrees?

Any other comments about this oven?

Thanks

Comments (22)

• cassie225
    12 years ago

What do you mean what temperature increments? I have this oven and I really love it. I have not had it a year yet,only 3 months. I love the gliding racks. I am still learning what setting to use for certain things I cook,but so far,so good. Have not used self cleaning yet.

• ribs1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I mean when you turn up the knob, does read in 1 degree increments, in other words 350, 351, 352 etc. or 5 degree increments 350, 355, 360, or 25 degree increments 350, 375, 400.
    Thanks

• cassie225
    12 years ago

Well when you first turn it on it starts at 80, then it kinda does 10 and 15 and 25, i guess it all depends on how fast you turn. I don't think it does in degree increments of 1.

• ribs1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

What I want to know is, can you set the oven temp at 355?

• cassie225
    12 years ago

I do get Sabbath mode, but temperature can not be set at 355 that I know of.

• rhome410
    12 years ago

I know it's not in increments of 25. If I remember right from when I had Fisher and Paykel ovens, which are the same, I'm pretty sure it was 5 degree increments. (Cassie225, it doesn't matter how fast you turn, it matters to what temps you can fine tune.)

I remember setting mine to 330 and 335, so 355 should be possible. You should be able to contact F&P/DCS to find out for sure, or maybe find a store with one plugged in?

• ribs1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info so far.
    Unfortunately there are no DCS dealers round here. I really want this oven mostly because I like the look of the real knobs and also I have read good reviews (also like seeing this oven every week on the cooks illustrated show)

I did call DCS and the guy didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.
    I suppose I could call back again and try to find someone more knowledgable.

I was once a professional bread and pastry baker working for Zingermans in Ann Arbor for many years. I sometimes tweak my temperatures for different breads.

Anyone else know for sure?

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

While I can't say for sure, I looked at the user guide and it shows suggested temp settings for various foods and some of them are in 5 degree increments. 350-360, 350-355, 325-330.....that would lead me to believe you can. I would try the customer support line again.

• rhome410
    12 years ago

I am certain as I can be, I adjusted in 5 degree increments, and know I used temps like 330 and 335... I just didn't remember if it would adjust in 1 degree increments. I know that I missed having this ability to fine tune when I got a Monogram oven that adjusted only in 25 degree increments.

The F&Ps were great performing ovens. There just wasn't a good amount of service/support for it in my area.

Another option might be to try their Facebook page, or see if there is a 'contact us' sort of emailing tool on their website.

Here is a link that might be useful: DCS Facebook page

• ribs1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I just got confirmation that it's 5 degree increments.
    I was watching Americas Test Kitchen tonight and she was roasting chicken in the DCS and they showed her turning up the oven.
    My wife thought I was going crazy with excitement. Been trying to figure this out for a while.

• rhome410
    12 years ago

Good sleuthing! ;-)

• cassie225
    12 years ago

Hey, how do you fine tune it,in 5 degree increments. I looked thru the users guide and couldn't fine info. This would make this oven even better. Now I don't have to fry so much,because convection broil is great. Still trying to figure out how to use everything. My daughter just commented on how great the slider racks are,I really like this oven. Just wondering what its gonna do when I self clean. I won't do it on a regular basis.

• rhome410
    12 years ago

All we're talking about is when you set the oven's temp, to turn the knob til it reaches the exact temp you want that's a multiple of 5. Examples: If you want the cookies to brown a little faster, turn the knob to 355 or 360, instead of stopping at 350. Or if the bread is browning too fast, turn it down from 350 to 335.

My Monogram oven only went up in 25 degree increments. I could set it at 350 or at 375, but nowhere in between. The 5-degree adjustments are a great thing to have. My Wolf oven will adjust in 1-degree increments... I can set it at 332 degrees if I want. It's nice, and it's certainly a great oven, but the 5-degree adjustments did well enough. The 25-degree ones did not.

• Michelle Neidkowski
    8 years ago

Any updates on the performance of the WOSU-30 single oven? I'm looking to replace our broken Thermador oven and am swearing off electronic control panels, so I was drawn to this one with its simple knobs and buttons. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

• ribs1
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I love this DCS Oven. We have had it about 3 years now since I originally posted this. The oven is very even. We use the Convection back 90% of the time.

• shmatbert
    8 years ago

We just purchased this oven and really like it, but the light stays on during baking. Is it supposed to do this?

• friedajune
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Schmatbert - the oven light will stay on only if you've set the oven to Automatic Cooking Mode - which means Delayed Start. The Automatic Cooking mode will turn the oven on and off at times you have set in advance. If the light is staying on otherwise, then call for service - you are still under warranty. I also suggest you read your oven's manual. If you do not have it, you can access it online.

• rhome410
    8 years ago

I thought most ovens' lights will stay on while baking. My oven lights (Gaggenau) come on as soon as I turn on the oven, so from preheat until I turn it off. I think I remember my Fisher and Paykel (same guts as DCS) doing that, too...

• shmatbert
    8 years ago

Friedajune - I'll check the manual again but there seemed to be almost no information about the light. Thank you

• Michelle misses Sophie
    7 years ago

Question related to the temperature increment in the DCS wall ovens - what is the minimum and maximum temperature you can set on bake or convection? Curious if you can use the oven to proof (around 95-100F) and also if it goes to 500 or above for pizza.

We are considering the DCS double ovens for the home we'll be building next year.

Thanks!

• Susan M
    6 years ago

I just bought the new model of DCS today 30 " wall oven and will combine it with a separate Convection Microwave oven also DCS. This new model #WOSV2-30 has 10 cooking modes a 4.1 cubic interior. True convection, convection bake, bake, convection pastry, pastry bake, roast, broil, maxi broil, convection broil, warm and a Sabbath mode.. I am so excited by all this. Two knobs rather then a button panel . Yay!! They sell a trim kit to get the 24" matching microwave/convection oven to fit above this 30" oven to look built in. Better this way so if 1 unit breaks down you still have the other and don't have to replace both - God forbid!!!