Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steam Oven??

Posted by acw6455 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 12 at 18:41

Hello,

I am in the process of renovating my kitchen in my home in Telluride Colorado. I have all of the appliances picked except for the microwave..
I really really! I want a steam oven, but I have no information on them. I would like it to be built in.

Here are the appliances I chose.
Range Top: Wolf 36" ( 6 burners )
Oven(s): Wolf double oven L-Series
Warming Drawer: Wolf single
Hood: Wolf 48"
Refrigerator: Sub-Zero 42" Side ( Custom panels )
Fryer: Wolf Integrated 15" fryer
DW: One Miele G5875 Diamond DW
In bar area: Two Fisher&Paykell Dish Drawers

Please suggest any steam oven! Size doesn't matter! Stainless steal(:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steam Oven??

With your other choices, Wolf seems the obvious answer.

Unless you are talking about combining steam and microwave in the same appliance (not simultaneously), in which case, as far as I know, you are limited to a couple of Sharp models.

o

I thought about the wolf, but like you said it isn't a combination oven.
Does Miele or Gaggenau?

o

If money is no object get the plumbed Gaggenau.

I bought mine six yrs ago before the price went up, and would buy it again today even at today's price.

No wiping water, because it has a drain. Water is plumbed and it can serve as an oven without steam. Reheats food and taste as good as when it was newly prepared.

Makes a mediocre cook look good.

o
RE: Stffeam Oven??

Do you remember how much the Gaggenau is?

o

My kitchen is six yrs old. Can't really give you those numbers, but the members here that have recently installed can probably tell you more.

o

>>I thought about the wolf, but like you said it isn't a combination oven.

I didn't say that.

What combination are you looking for? Steam and what?

o

Wolf now has a Convection Steam oven as does Thermador. I recently read the new Gaggenau combis run $4-$5k.

Miele has an all steam oven available in the US. They have a combi in Europe but have been slow getting through red tape. Hope that helps. AJMadison has info on all three, but not Gaggenau, which is only available through its dealers.

o

I was planning of the new Wolf steam oven but decided to get the Gaggenau plumbed unit - it was more than double the cost of the Wolf at $8K but we felt it worth it for the drain and plumbed water (no tank to fill, clean, empty).

The Wolf unit is very nice and since you are getting the package, it would qualify for another $300-500 off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here