Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CornuFe - Owner Experiences

Posted by texas_cajun (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 18:16

Hi everyone,

I generally just lurk, but I am curious if anyone who has had a CornuFe for at least 6 months could tell me how they like it.

I have seen the previous threads, but none were very recent. We looked at Lacanche (took a cooking class on a Cluny this past Friday) and much to my surprise, I did not like it. I was all set to order the Cluny 1400 and I was really underwhelmed by the looks.

I was so determined not to have a typical "pro-look" range in our new house (we are building a Creole-style home, hence wanting a different look) and the CornuFe is pretty much my last shot. My husband wants to just plan on the 48" Wolf or Thermador and call it a day.

As far as the CornuFe, my husband is particularly worried about the door style. He is concerned about burning his arm while taking something out of it. Is that an issue anyone who has one/has used one can tell us about? I haven't seen it mentioned in past threads.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CornuFe - Owner Experiences

No, I have no direct experience of cooking on the Cornue Fe. Have looked at them in Williams-Sonoma. I am curious about what you disliked about the Lacanche. Have you seen the 1908? It seems to be an amalgam of the La Cornue and the Cornue Fe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Door like traditional La Cornue

o

I have seen the 1908 but I like the idea of having two ovens, and at $14,000 my husband will balk at buying an extra wall oven! The 1908 has a true La Cornue oven, though, which I suppose is nice - having never cooked on a La Cornue, I don't have a basis for comparison.

As far as the Lacanche, I really just didn't like the looks, at all. I have cooked on a Sully 2200 in France (it was in a chateau we rented for a friend's wedding) and it was beautiful, so I think I just didn't care for the scaled-down version. In addition, the simmer wasn't working properly at all during the cooking class I took - the smallest burner on the lowest setting was still boiling my grits despite the use of the simmer plate. That could have been their gas adjustment, though. It was really the look that killed it for me. I personally think that the CornuFe looks better in the 43" than the comparable Cluny (but I know a lot of people here rave about it - it's obviously just a matter of taste).

o

texas_cajun, wondering if you still need feedback...have been away for a while and just now saw this!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here