Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

Cavaliere Range Hood -- looking for reviews

kaysd
12 years ago

I am looking for a modern looking, 42" stainless steel, wall mounted range hood with a minimum 800 cfm. I am finding few options that are 42" and over 600 cfm.

My designer suggested the Cavaliere Euro AP238-PSZ-42 42" Wall Mount Range Hood. It has the look I want with 860 cfm. I can buy it online for $640, plus the cost of a custom chimney to deal with my vaulted ceiling that is 10' tall at the range location. Is the Cavaliere a decent hood? It will be going over a 36" Wolf AG 4 burner + grill range (80,000 total BTU).

I wish I could afford the Modern-Aire PS-16, but at $2900 for 600 cfm or $3500 for 1200 cfm, it is a budget buster. The rest of the appliances are high end (Wolf/Gagg/Thermador), but were purchased at significant discounts when a local store went out of business. I don't want the hood to look cheap and out of place, but I have to be very careful of costs going forward. My BIL recently lost his job and we have been sending his family money for rent, so we've lost some of the money that was set aside for the reno.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cavaliere Euro AP238-PSZ-42

Comment (1)