Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48' electric range & vent

Posted by jjerryj (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 18:08

I would like to purchase a 48" range. I understand that at this size they mostly come gas. I was wondering if someone would be able to recommend a 48" ELECTRIC range, company or store (NY area).
I would also need to purchase a 48" or larger vent hood to install above the 48" electric range.
We aren't professional cooks but we do like to experiment with Asian and Indian style cooking which generate strong odors. I have 2 months before the kitchen reno.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Also,
Does anyone know of a lighting store in the New York area that specializes in various types of LED spotlights or other Earth-friendly lighting. I want to "go green" and want options, and don't want to waste time running around "generic" lighting stores.
Thanks in advance.
Jerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48' electric range & vent

I can't answer the range question.

Wolf has hoods that exceed 48 inches by enough for good capture, and Modernaire will build whatever you want.

For ceiling lighting, look at Cree's solutions. These are more "flood" light than spot light in beam spread. I don't know of specific sources for spots, but you might try LEDtronics and National Specialty Lighting and no doubt many others with sites on the web.

kas

o

Jerry,

I was going to recommend that you go visit Ajmadison (appliance store in ny), but I've noticed that they don't carry 48" electric ranges, and I doubt anyone does. You may need to change your criteria - maybe consider a 36"? How often are you going to cook on 3 or 4 burners at the same time? Or consider gas - Viking is well known for its professional series of gas stoves available in 48", also check out Bluestar and Bertazzoni.
If you want to go with a professional hood 48" or larger you might need to have it custom made. Modernaire makes some nice custom made hoods. Other brands which make 48" or larger hoods are: Broan, Futuro Futuro, Vent a Hood, and Best.
You should decide which stove you'll purchase and then decide on the hood.

Good luck to you and your kitchen reno! :)

o

Electric isn't "prosumer" friendly so you won't find what you are looking for. Most homes do not have 3 phase power or 400 amp services needed to be able to operate large electrical equipment like a restaurant would. You'll either need to switch to gas or put 2 30" induction ranges together-with the commensurate two 50 amp electrical outlets, i.e. 1/2 of the average home's total electrical service.

o

Heartland Classic Collection 48" 6210CD0

About $8K Smoothtop

Antique style. Two ovens,warming drawer,350cfm exhaust,and storage drawer included.

Frigidaire Professional Series 40" FPEF4085KF

About $2k It is a smoothtop but Frigidaire makes coiltops too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here