Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hadeshounds

Need french Range advice-I have to pick soon-Hubby havinga $$ et

HadesHounds
10 years ago

Hoping someone out there have had some sort of experience regarding any/all of these french stove brands.
Officine Gullo posters-you said you were "treating yourselves to one "; that you "had a great experience with the sales person" , then you never posted again. Did you take the leap? How is it going?
Here's the deal: I can get a barely used Morice with a coup and four burners for $9500 in a color that I don't adore (blue-I know, a classic, no warranty, would be buying on faith and a few web pics)if the lady will ever call me back. I know the brand has been discontinued, but parts are available online. It's supposed to be a sort of mid-range french cooker.
I can buy a huge Caumartin (original retail $40K0 for $10-not sure if it will fit-has a plancha a coup, burners..
Can buy a new Caumartin for around $25Kish. Has lots of features, kinda ugly, not as powerful as some of the other ranges I've looked at, but has some nice features to recommend it.. No experience with the brand at all-I know it has some affiliation to Charvet.
I can get a custom Gullo (super gorgeous, but no reviews at all)for between $33K and $48K, depending on the size. Has a lifetime guarantee!! No stonework under the coup as in most french models. Everything else seems really solid. Not sure if this is a concern. Have heard some sniping that it's a "poser" stove like the La Cornue.(Not gonna go there on the La Cornue thing-not my words, k?)
Rorgue hasn't gotten a solid quote back to me, is very well-made, and the initial quotes weren't in crazy land (as much as any quotes for this stuff isn't in crazy land) and isn't UL listed, ditto the Caumartin. Not sure how important that is if I get a variance-other people have installed these.
Molteni-comes in at less than the Gullo, WAYYY less than the beautiful Bonnet-absolutely ridiculously priced, even though it's a fab made item, UL listed, somewhat mixed reviews, only a one year warranty, a bit stodgy, but still a nice looker and cooker.
Bonnet, Rorgue and Gullo are easy to clean, not so sure on the others. Molteni has a pull out area under the burners, but not the coup. Has no one out there ever even touched one of these? Any input? Help!

Comment (1)