Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recommendations for single wall oven

Posted by sgbozek (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 17:23

Hi,

We need to replace a 16 year old, 27 inch Dacor single wall oven. Due to the size and color, (black), we're limited in brand choices. We are empty nesters who do make big holiday meals a few times a year and want a good quality and reliable unit. We would like to stay in a middle price range if possible.
I've read numerous reviews and found the discussions here the most helpful.
Any recommendations? Also, would it be wise to get the extended warranty?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recommendations for single wall oven

I like my Electrolux Wavetouch non-Icon wall oven. Wavetouch is a function that is great to have, where the controls fade out when not in use. They come in 27, and I'm pretty sure they come in black.

I got Elux because the appliances gurus on here recommended it as a good mid-priced brand. Kitchenaid had trouble with blowing boards with the self-clean, and some people felt they didn't do much to correct the problem. Whirlpool customer service just got lambasted in the NY Times.

I guess extended warranties don't make financial sense, really, but I got one from my appliance store anyway. It was not very expensive and had local service. I just thought of it as less than a couple hundred more for the unit, and if anything happens, the store has incentive to make sure I'm happy.

o

IMO Electrolux is the best 27" wall oven regardless of price. It is in the upper-mid price class just below a new Dacor . Also made in the USA. Available in SS or Black.

o

I like my Bosch 500 series 27" wall oven with the easy to use dial controls--quiet, bakes evenly & accurately, reliable so far at 1 1/2 years use, well insulated as I don't notice much additional heat in the kitchen, and racks glide easily even though not ball-bearing. Ball bearing racks are availble as an add-on if you so desire. The interior dimensions are supposed to be the largest on the market for a 27".

o

Thanks for your responses! I was gone for the week to help a sick relative and didn't get a chance to check in. I've looked at the Electrolux line and like it a lot. However, our preferred dealer doesn't carry it. They do carry the Bosch but the 27 inch doesn't come in the all black to match our other appliances.
Ginny20, I agree with your perspective on getting the extended warranty.
Will be making our decision soon and really appreciate all your thoughts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here