Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
refrigerator french door not closing

Posted by peavee (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 08 at 17:15

My viking counter depth refrigerator door is not closing all the way w/o giving it a push.There is a buzzer that sounds after awhile but many times we are gone from the room and new comers aren't aware of the buzzer( it's very soft.) I was told by a Viking rep that Jenn air and Viking partnered with this hinge and you have to push it to close. I've never had that problem with any other fridge. Anybody else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: refrigerator french door not closing

I have seen that problem on all of these units. And your guy is right. You have to push the (left) door in or it would not close by itself. There is a plastic rotating hinge that is lubricated to make it easier to close. But in every unit I have played with, they will often not self close. This is the reason we are avoiding these units in our next purchase.

I think the only one that got it right is the new Subzero ($12-$15K unit). All the rest use this plastic rotating piece to cover the gap between the two doors (without it, they would hit each other given the large depth of the door frame).

Just go to a showroom and play with the others and you see that they all have the same problem more or less. If the lubricant is wiped off from yours, adding it may make the problem less severe.

o
RE: refrigerator french door not closing

Hi there Peavee,

Yeah, this is how it is. Your Viking is an Amana refrigerator, and a good refrigerator. This is just how they're designed. It's one of the most reliable units out there. There's only two companies out there making French Door models....LG and Amana.

Granted, you may have to close it manually, but, it's still a very good refrigerator, and should last a long time.

Our company has very little problems with Amana models. We not only sell them, but we also do repair work, as well.

I'll take my Amana any day. I love mine!

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here