Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teeda

Prestige Range Hood Opinions

teeda
11 years ago

Hello, we've been having a horrible time finding a classic styled stainless steel chimney wall mount range hood that is under $3,500. We need a 42 or 48" (24" deep) hood to go over a new Wolf 36" gas rangetop. We really love the Wolf Pro Chimney wall hood, but we have a 10 foot vaulted ceiling and Wolf does not offer a flue extension for this height. We'd have to piece smaller extensions together and the Wolf rep does not recommend that because the seams would not be tight. The range wall is a focal point so we can't risk that.

I like the looks of the Viking chimney style range hood, but you need to use a Viking ventilation kit or you void the warranty. We have a remote blower installed in the attic, so that won't work. And we've also not read anything good about Viking equipment lately.

I've finally found one that I think will work: the Prestige Pyramid Classic. Looks good, comes with an optional seamless flue extension for 10" ceilings and is within our budget. I can't find many reviews of this hood, and there are no dealers in my immediate area where I can take a look at one.

Anyone have experience with Prestige? Thanks!

Comments (4)