Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petersen_gw

24' Appliances: Liebherr or Fagor?? Bertazzoni or other?

petersen
15 years ago

Can anyone weigh in on small space appliances? While I have some money to spurge in my oh-so-tiny kitchen redo, I am looking overall to keep costs down while maintaining value. I don't necessarily want to go for the top-end for fear of overpaying for brand recognition when there may be a lesser tier quality equivalent.

All that said, I leaning towards the Fagor refrigerator, and am especially enamored by the Black Art model, but am wondering on how that stacks up against Liebherr's counter depth model.

Rangewise, I was all set on the Bertazzoni, but then saw some reviews suggesting that the 24" Elba import by Avanti was more on the lines of the higher end professionals and not the typical Avanti price point. A comparison puts the Elba, based on specs including oven space, competitive with Bertazzoni and even better than Delonghi with a several hundred dollar price advantage.

Can anyone help me decide where to spend and where to save?

Comments (8)

• petersen
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

David,

Thank you for taking the time to respond with so much information! I had been focusing so much on the ranges (gas, actually comparing the so-called pro models), that I really did not appreciate the differences in the refrigerators. You went a long way in de-mystifying the machine for me. I briefly considered some type of drawer (refrigerator, dishwasher, or microwave), but I am operating in a galley that only has one standard depth wall of 96 inches (I am limited to 16" depth on the facing wall) i.e. the appliance wall, so I think I need to go with the 24" by 24" footprint for most appliances.

In fact, I hope to line up, in addition to the refrigerator and range, an 18" dishwasher and a washer/dryer combo, so I appreciate your Miele input as well. I was leaning in that direction and thought that would be worth the investment.
    Thanks again!

Petersen

• Ttkogia First
    9 years ago

Davidro1. We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24". Disappointed with the Liebherr that is 7yrs old now. We were told that factoring how convenient and available are service providers is a big thing to consider and that LG, SUMMIT/Vestfrost, Blomberg are very hard to get serviced. Would you say that should guide our decision?

Did LG come first in your list for a reason? What do you think of Bosch or Fagor? It no longer seems smart to spend $3000 + on a frig and gave the performance we've had with our current frig.

• beaniebakes
    9 years ago

The Summit CP 171 was replaced by the FFBF171. It looks very nice. I have the slightly larger FFBF28ss and am very pleased with it. Five years and no problems. I live in a rural area and purchased it from a local appliance store at a very competitive price, even though it was a special order. If something goes wrong, I'll have them service it.

• Ttkogia First
    9 years ago
    Thanks Beaniebakes. I'm happy to hear some good news about the products out there.
  • beaniebakes
    9 years ago

I just noticed this is an old thread from 2009. Davidro1 might not even be around. You might want to start a new topic.

• Ttkogia First
    9 years ago

Good advice. Let me give that a try

• alizarge
    9 years ago

FWIW, I bought a 24" Liebherr last year (the least expensive model available) and we love it. Plenty of room for the produce needed to feed two adults, and even when I have guests I have enough room.

Just for reference, I am the type of cook who makes, say, a whole casserole or big pot of soup, and then I portion and freeze what we don't eat right away so I have lunches for work. I can store all I need to in both the freezer & refrig.

The unit is absolutely silent most of the time, and when the compressors do go on (like when it's been open and needs to be re-cooled), they're dead quiet.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH