Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48' Capital Culinarian on Pallet in Garage

Posted by JustCantWait (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 16:57

Hello all.... I am new to this site, although I have read everything I could get my hands on about the CC here. Well, we bit the bullet and ordered it. ( was a great deal ) Note: We haven't even started building the house yet. My CC sits on a pallet in the garage. I Just Can't Wait ! so...we hooked it up to a portable propane bottle to make sure everything works....to see if any of the noted issues I have read about pops up. Mainly the clicking on simmer mode etc. Just had to share!

Might even have to cook something ! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48' Capital Culinarian on Pallet in Garage

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy many happy cooking hours with this range. I just finished a slow roasted rolled pork shoulder and it was moist and delicious.

Simmer controversy aside, it is wonderful unit.

You are missing the kickplate in the photo but I trust it is somewhere to be installed at a later time.

o

Did'ya notice that pot in the back is simmering even without the gas connected?

That's a beautiful machine!

Billy

o

Actually - we hooked up a propane tank. It is so we can check out all the goodies. I boiled that pot of water to check it out. Checked for the clicking on simmer and the simmer mode. It was shipped without the kick plate attached but we have it.
I just couldn't wait! NOW-DH wants a whole chicken....!

o

i wonder how the simmer works in your garage vs. in your kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here