Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reputable ebay seller for microwave drawer?

Posted by parts (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 16:48

I'm thinking about buying a 30" Sharp microwave drawer. Would anyone know of a trusted ebay seller? Have you bought one from ebay and were you happy? Since they are stainless steel I'm afraid of dings and possibly the unit not even working...
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reputable ebay seller for microwave drawer?

reputable ebay seller is an oxymoron :-)

o

I bought three appliances for my new kitchen from ebay--KA warming drawer, KA built-in fridge, and Sharp MW drawer.

My WD came from Appliancedirect2you. The item arrived with audible damage in a smashed box. I refused delivery and contacted Appliancedirect. He answered immediately, apologized, and sent a new unit out the next day. I was very impressed.

I can't remember from which seller I bought my fridge. Item came in a timely manner with no damage. This was my highest value purchase so the one that made me the most nervous.

My 24" MW is a refurbished Sharp from AdMark. AdMark has some bad reviews both on eBay and here. If you look closely, none of the complaints are on sales of MW drawers, but it's a risk nonetheless. I think if if I were buying a 30" MW, I'd look at Greystone Appliance.

All in all, I had no problems with my eBay appliance purchases. I easily saved $2K. I'd do it again. I suggest checking out the feedback of sellers you're considering, and run a search on this forum. Check out the warranty offered, if any. Pay by credit card for your protection.

Good luck!

o

Why are you so set on buying on eBay? For goodness sakes, there are a number of online retailers selling appliances that are reputable and price-competitive. Try Abt appliances, Universal appliances, homeeverything and ajmadison. Call them on the phone because they will often beat the prices their websites are showing online. Can you phone an eBay seller? Um, no.

o

akchicago, you are right. I have done business with Abt and had no problems. I wasn't aware that they will match prices by calling them. I will give the business' you listed a try. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here