Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwhite88_gw

Electrolux induction cooktop EW36IC60LS

gwhite88
10 years ago

We are trying to decide on an induction cooktop. Does anyone have any experience they could share with us regarding The Electrolux EW36IC60LS?
We have to make a decision soon and my head is spinning!!!

Comments (5)

• Tracy
    10 years ago

We looked for an induction cooktop to replace our electrolux ceramic range for months. We ended up installing a Bosch induction and I couldn't be happier.

Good luck!

• lizbeth-gardener
    10 years ago

Corvallis: Could you give more info on what you like about it? what model? what price range? did it require different wiring? TIA

• Tracy
    10 years ago

It's a drop in on our granite center island. No knobs, very clean look with electronic controls. I was always preferred gas (I'm a bit of a foodie), but induction has won me over with its precision.

The wiring was in place from the old cooktop, so we pretty much just had to plug it in. It took a little bit of finessing to get it supported well underneath--my DH framed it up from the bottom of cabinet. This is the model:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HK1AE6/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 59 Dodge
    10 years ago

I would suggest that you download and read the manuals for both the Bosch and Electrolux induction cook tops.

The Bosch and Miele induction cook tops have
    "Real Timers", IE, they will actually turn off the hob when the timer times out. The timer on the Elux is just a
    "Kitchen Timer", it just makes a noise when it goes off.

We had timers on the conventional cooktop we had before buying induction and never used them, but some folks here do, so take that into account when making a buying decision.

Compare the controls and how you use them between the 2 cooktops.

Check required clearance , especially below, each cooktop~~~was not a big deal to us as we have a cabinet with a lazy susan under the cooktop so tons of room below.

The Bosch has a 1 year warranty, (parts & labor),
    The Electrolux has a 3 year warranty on parts and one year on labor.

The model Electrolux that you mentioned in the post has the "Dual 7-11 hob" allowing just about any size pot/pan, whilst only the newest Bosch induction with "Flexinduction" has that feature~~~~alto Bosch might have a slight edge on Elux here, as the Flexinduction is actually 2 bridged hobs, where as the Elux is really just 2 superimposed hobs, a small one and a big one.

Most of this, was not important, as far as the Elux induction cooktop that I have, as I've found I can put my largest pan on the smallest hob and my smallest pan on the largest hob and it heats them just fine.

As far as warranties goes, that's pretty much a non issue too, as we've seen few failures of induction cook tops, (regardless of brand)~~~but for "piece of mind", you should check that there is "Local Service" for any cook top you are considering, or for that matter, any appliance.

We've owned the Elux over 5 years now, completely trouble free and the wife and I both Luv IT!!!

Gary

• gwhite88
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your responses! Its been very helpful!