Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestar Hood news...

Posted by jsceva (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 12 at 16:34

Haven't seen this posted by anyone, but I just saw that as of last Friday Prizer-Painter (i.e., the company behind Bluestar) officially bought the rights to the designs from the recently defunct Independant rangehoods...they have a website up at Prizerhoods.com, using all the old Independant photos, drawings, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Prizerhoods Website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestar Hood news...

Cool. Love those Independent hoods. It was sad that after Wolf dropped Independent as their ODM for hoods, Independent couldn't make it on their own. I think they relied so much on Wolf, they never built their own brand recognition.

Now if only we knew if Bluestar would continue to make the hoods as good as Independent did. Bluestar has Independent's great designs, but will they be cutting corners on the welding, stainless steel grade, motor parts, etc.?

o
RE: Bluestar Hood news...

I recently visited BS factory and saw the range hoods. I didn't realize it was a new product for them. I just looked at the website. As far as I could tell, the website didn't mention one great fact that I learned - the hoods can be had in any of BS's colors or custom colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here