Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30'' chimney style hood with capture area?

Posted by foodonastump (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 16:34

I probably just haven't looked hard enough, but I'm having a hard time finding one. Can anyone can recommend a 30" pyramid/chimney style hood that has at least a little bit of capture area?

Other preferences are infinite speed control, 400 CFM minimum, 6" exhaust, not too crazy loud, not too crazy expensive. ($1000 max, but definitely hoping for a bunch lower.)

p.s. I'm buying more for looks than function as this house will be for sale in the next several months, so I don't need to match my preferences 100%. But I'd prefer something effective none-the-less.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30'' chimney style hood with capture area?

Follow-up question: OR... Do you think I should just slap an OTR mw in there. I would never want this in "my" house but it would solve some space constraints and be a heck of a lot cheaper. Small cape in a middle class neighborhood, Long Island. Think the average home buyer would frown on that? Either way it'll be vented, THAT I cannot bring myself not to do!

o

Viking D3 Series RDWHC3042SS UMRP $949

Duct size is 7" but you can probably easily put a transition.

Other than Wolf, Viking has the most recognition to potential buyers and it will look a lot better than OTR MW.

What is the range or rangetop/ cooktop?

o

Thanks - That looks like a great choice. This is going over a standard slide-in electric range, not springing for induction given the situation.

I literally started planning this remodel this morning and it needs to be done asap. As in, I'm planning to order cabinets tonight and my contractor will probably be done with 2 baths and ready to start the kitchen before well before my cabinets come in.

Anyway, the one appliance store I went to earlier is trying to talk me into KA CD FD fridge and range for about $1800 each. I'm on AJ Madison wondering if for not a whole lot more (about $400 combined) Electrolux would be more appealing. They don't seem to have a hood I want though, because I don't feel like cleaning glass. But then again, home buyers in my market might like to see a package. (I'm recycling my Miele DW even though it's black and it's old. It works perfectly. I'm willing to accept that someone might frown on that. Worst case I could throw a SS panel on it.)

I've very open to all suggestions - I think I've given an idea of the higher end of what I'd like to spend. Very open between dining room and kitchen, looking head on to the range. Looks count!

o

Sorry, I'm googling too fast. The glass one I saw isn't ELux. Now I see they do have one like what I want for around the same as the Viking, requires 8" but like you said I probably could figure out something with transitions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here