Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Well Look At This - American New Step Up with Induction

MichelleDT
12 years ago

This is interesting and may meet the requirement for induction and color although I don't need more gas burners.

Here is a link that might be useful: AR Induction/Gas Range

Comments (10)

• dodge59
    12 years ago

It's too bad they don't have a marketing dept.

They do seem to have some interesting items, like stoves with french door ovens, Open burners, etc etc, but You've probably seen the thread where another poster has emailed them, about 6 days ago now, as I recall, and still no answer. Perhaps a fone call would have better luck???

Nice one, do they make one that is Only Induction?

Gary

• pay-n
    12 years ago

I was also interested in this range. I gave up on email & called them & spoke with someone at American Range about 2 weeks ago about this range. The info I received was that this was a "proto-type" and they are not yet building/selling it (even though its posted)
    They are anywhere from 3-6 months away.
    I spoke to a couple of "premier dealers" if the SF Bay who sell American Range & received similar info.

Not only do they need a marketing dept. They need to improve their "idea to manufacturing" cycle as there a video presenting this range from 2010.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAlIje1iiJo

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ahhhhh...yes, I do recall that post just not that it was American Range. I emailed them so we shall see.

They do not have induction only which would be my preference.

As far as marketing, Trevor sells AR so I am hoping he will respond. This unit is not cheap but I suspect by the time I get a cooktop and a under counter oven, I will be about the same price.

I am not giving up yet on color in that room.

M

• eandhl
    12 years ago

When it actually in production that is the best of both worlds.

• Fori
    12 years ago

Why the step? Reduces pan capacity on the induction hobs and gets the soup pot too close to the hood on the gas burners. Hrmmmmmmmmm. Looks cool!

• buffalotina
    12 years ago

I believe step up burners like that are so that you can have pans (like restaurant saute pans) on top with long handles pointing towards you yet not crashing into pans on the front burners. Perhaps someone with professional experience can add to this explanation.

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You are correct Buffalotina. The video touting these points that out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Why a Step Up?

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I heard back from a distributor this morning and he is checking on availability/pricing and will get back to me later today. Not a bad response time given others still have not heard back from.

Michelle

• pay-n
    12 years ago

Michelle,
    Did you ever here back from the distributor?

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, he said they are at least 6 months out and more likely a year out.

They are "going to revolutionize the induction industry" and "are not happy with current induction technology on the market". This was quoted from the "President" of American Range.

Doesn't work for me so I am back looking at other options which will likely be the Viking induction range.

M