Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hood for Bluestar?

Posted by tadhg555 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 12 at 16:30

Will the following match up work?

Bluestar 36" rangetop, 6-burner configuration
Imperial wall hood (WHP1900PS) 42" dual blower 900CFM with booster

Due to window placement and code issues we can't go with the twin blowers, so I'm capped at 900CFM. Is that sufficient? I don't envision cranking all up at the same time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hood for Bluestar?

I believe the general rule of thumb is to have 1 cfm for every 100 btu

o

I too have a Bluestar 36" 6 burner with a 900 CFM hood.
Our hood is 36" so there is some smoke that escapes due to the reduced capture area.
At 42" you should be OK.

o

I just visited the BS factory and learned they make hoods. I plan to research them this week, but you might also want to look into them because they can be custom colored to match your range or rangetop.

o

Grilling meat might be smokey, but short of that you should be ok.

o

@avid: other custom hood makers can do the same, so don't be led into believing that only BS can match BS colors. Modern-Aire, my hoodmaker of choice, will apply a powder coat finish in any RAL color on the chart, for no upcharge. Best hoods on the market, bar none.

o

I think you'll be fine. I have a 1200 CFM Prestige in a 40 inch hood over a 30 inch Blue Star. I wanted to be sure I would have enough power -- and I do! I wish though that I had paid more attention to noise --

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here