Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vent hood for 36" BS RNB

Posted by jonstewart1979 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 16:21

I purchased a 36" bluestar rnb for our kitchen remodel and am now in process of trying to find the most effective cheap range hood for it. I am considering the Costco Ancona and the sears Akdy 1200cfm. Anyone have experience with either?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vent hood for 36" BS RNB

Neither specifies where they are made so both are probably made by Chinese contractor.

Both are 18 gauge SS without mentioning SS grade so assume 430.

In the Chimney Style AKDY is 23.6" deep while Ancona is 20.5"

AKDY is 1200 cfm similar Ancona is 900 cmf.

I rather deal with Costco returns if I had to but I would go with AKDY because of better specifications.

o

I am also considering this range. Anyone have other hood recommendations for less than say $1250 with 1000 CFM max and 24" or deeper depth?

o

We are also trying to figure out hood options for this range. One sales guy suggested a "Best" Hood (brand). I wonder if anyone here has experience with this brand?

o

I'm considering this one:

for Canadian market
Spagna Vetro PS09-36
made in China
36" wide x 24" deep
Airflow (Q/L/M/H) 400CFM / 600CFM / 800CFM / 1000CFM
Noise Level (Q/L/M/H) 1.4Sone(45dB) / 3.5Sone(58dB) / 7.0Sone(68dB) / 8.0Sone(70dB)
designed for 8" duct
19 gauge steel

Spagna Vetro hoods are known as Cavaliere-Euro in USA (made in the same factory).

My next choice up cost-wise is this:
Kobe CH9136SQB-1 36"

If you look in my clippings you'll see my thread where I got a lot of useful input, but almost no specific product recommendations (except from a satisfied Kobe user, and a salesperson). Range hood selection is brutal!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spagna Vetro PS09-36

o

I'm going with the Kobe RA-094SQB-1 36 inch over a 30 inch DCS in one month time (kitchen remodel). I currently use a kobe undermount, not noisy at all. Very well made.

This post was edited by barista9 on Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 18:44

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here