Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blomberg or Bosch Compact washer & dryer ?

Posted by johnnytoobad (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 16:19

Looking at compact washer & dryer units, probably stackable. Max width and depth +/-24". Considering either the Blomberg or Bosch and looking for comments and/or reviews. Have seen quite a few reviews re: Bosch on this site, but not much for Blomberg ... ???

The Blomberg appears to be almost 3" less in depth and that may decide for me, as dimensions are critical.

Bosch package is a hundred more $, so price is "comparable".

I'd like to buy the Miele units, but that package well over twice as much cost as the Bosch. This W/D will be in a guest house with very limited use/year. However, the guest house is rented some, and long dry times of +/- 2 hours may be an issue for guests. All three manufacturers are telling me 40 to 70 mins dry times.

I do not want to consider the All-In-One or Combo models.

Thanks in advance, cheers, John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blomberg or Bosch Compact washer & dryer ?

The Bloomberg are entry level basic bare bones Samsung made in South Korea. Pretty much the same as the Maytag 24"

The Bosch are made in Germany.

The Asko is the only washing machine that gets to near boiling temperature ,include Miele. They used to be made in Sweeden, some in stock still are but new ones made in Slovenia.

1) Asko made in Sweeden, Slovenian version?
2) Miele
3) Bosch
4) Bloomberg/Samsung/Maytag

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here