Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnnytoobad

Blomberg or Bosch Compact washer & dryer ?

johnnytoobad
11 years ago

Looking at compact washer & dryer units, probably stackable. Max width and depth +/-24". Considering either the Blomberg or Bosch and looking for comments and/or reviews. Have seen quite a few reviews re: Bosch on this site, but not much for Blomberg ... ???

The Blomberg appears to be almost 3" less in depth and that may decide for me, as dimensions are critical.

Bosch package is a hundred more $, so price is "comparable".

I'd like to buy the Miele units, but that package well over twice as much cost as the Bosch. This W/D will be in a guest house with very limited use/year. However, the guest house is rented some, and long dry times of +/- 2 hours may be an issue for guests. All three manufacturers are telling me 40 to 70 mins dry times.

I do not want to consider the All-In-One or Combo models.

Thanks in advance, cheers, John

Comments (12)

• louder5
    8 years ago

Hi John,

I've been looking at the Blomberg washer & dryer- I have their range and fridge and like them. Did you end up with the Blomberg? Do you like it?

• tricks73
    8 years ago

Blomberg make a heat pump dryer which is much more energy efficient than the condensing models (Bosch, Miele, etc) while also being ventless. I have one but it isn't installed yet so can't give feedback on dry time cycles.

• louder5
    8 years ago

Thanks, Tricks73. Very helpful to know it's a heat pump as opposed to condensing. I'm not bothered by a longer dry time, mainly want reliability and ease of maintenance.

• tricks73
    8 years ago

Just to clarify I believe Blomberg make both a condensing and heat pump model - the heat pump model # starts with DHP... More about it here -
    http://laundry.reviewed.com/content/blomberg-dhp24412w-24-inch-compact-ventless-heat-pump-dryer-review
    and here:
    http://blog.yaleappliance.com/whirlpool-vs-blomberg-heat-pump-dryers

• Sally
    8 years ago

I have had the stackable Bosch washer/dryer in my condo for a few months now. Very happy so far. Much better than old asko washer and LG dryer it replaced.

• louder5
    8 years ago

tricks73 and Sally, thanks so much! I'm choosing between the LG washer/dryer combo unit and the Blomberg stackables. I really like my Blomberg fridge and range, so I think I'mm go with the Blomberg stackable washer and dryer.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I really like my Blomberg fridge and range

Which range and which fridge model, please? It's so hard to find anyone with experience with the blomberg ranges.

• louder5
    8 years ago

The range is a BGR24100SS. It's 24" by 24", and I did have a defective igniter but they repaired it under warranty. The oven is small but it doesn't heat up the kitchen and it's very efficient. Also easy to clean. I cook for 6-8 regularly and don't miss my 30" range. It looks nice- people often ask about it. The fridge is a dream too, 24x24 x67- super well organized, very energy efficient and gorgeous to boot.

• 1_ohio_bald_eagle
    8 years ago

Check with Blomberg 800-459-9848 to see if you have an authorized well trained service agent to repair them if they break down. When I checked 2-weeks ago the closest service company was in Columbus, Ohio which 2-hours away to Cleveland. Long story short, I am not confident that Blomberg doesn't seem to have the infrastucture in place to handle the US market place. Blomberg has been in the North America for three years and they still don't have an authorized service agent in Cleveland? What's up with that?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thank you very much, louder5, and you too, 1_ohio_bald_eagle. A friend needs a 24" range (the electric model, though–no gas here) with convection and the blomberg and Verona are the only ones available that size.

Yes, bald eagle, we expect that service will be a serious problem, but it would be a serious problem for anything but the super cheap GE coil models, too. We're in an area where very few brands have authorized surface, which is odd, because there are plenty of Big Corporate Name families who have very expensive vacation homes nearby. But I guess Molteni goes to you wherever you are.

Sorry for the semi-OT, johnnytoobad, but the repair problem is a very valid point, so maybe it's a good thing I detoured a bit.

• louder5
    5 years ago

the Blomberg gas range is simple to work on, and I unclogged the drain on the fridge myself. I think they build a good product that isn't hard to repair.