Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
backfromtokyo

Agonizing over this decision! Please help.

backfromtokyo
11 years ago

I have an entire package of appliances and everything is decided except the following:

Option 1
Thermador Pro Grand
Best Hood Insert (CP47I362SB) - (1000 CFM)
Thermador Dishwasher (DWHD650JPR)

Option 2
GE Monogram
GE Monogram Hood Insert (600 CFM)
Bosch Dishwasher - 800 series

Which do I choose.....I need help. I don't know which way to go.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Comments (3)

• dodge59
    11 years ago

Very few of us here in Garden Web, (Including Me), buy appliance packages. Most of us pick the best appliance for the job.

I do hope you get some inputs about your 2 choices though, but as most here, I have a "Mixed Bag" of appliances.

Electrolux oven, speed oven, Induction cook top and wine fridge.
    Jenn-Air 48" built in and paneled fridge.
    Miele Optima Dishwasher.

Custom vent system for cooktop from an HVAC dealer in
    San Jose, Calif, variable speed control and outside motor.
    (Sorry I can't recall the dealer or the manufacturer of the fan unit , but it works well and is reasonably quiet unless
    "Kicked on Full".

All of the above have been trouble free for going on 7 years now, with the following exceptions.
    (1) Replaced icemaker myself after aboput 5 years in fridge.
    (2) Had a screw for the handle tightened on the Elux Speed oven, after about 2 years, could have done it myself but wife thinks "I work too hard", (LOL) so that cost me about $100.

No other repairs/expenses!

Good luck with your pending appliance decisions!

Gary

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

We have the Monogram 36" rangetop, 30" double convection oven with Pro handles and the 42" Monogram hood insert. We are happy with them.It did freak me out when we had company over and the hood turned itself on all by itself--turns out its a safety feature. If the range below gets too hot, it automatically turns on and runs until the temperature falls below the auto threshold. In it's defense, I was using 5-6 burners all at once and I probably should have turned it on myself long before.

I really liked the Thermador rangetop look and the star shaped burners, but I couldn't handle the clicking the burners make on simmer (the burners cycle on and off continuously making an annoying clicking sound as they cycle.) Mom has a Thermador double oven that's 7 years old--they've already had to replace the control panel mother board and that was enough for me to take a chance on the Momogram.

Like Dodge59 mentions above, most of us have multiple brands in our kitchens. While have Monogram for cooking, we have 2 KitchenAid DWs and a Kenmore Elite badged Samsung refrigerator.

Hope this helps!

• whit461
    11 years ago

Cabinets are going in finally and will be done today. We will be starting to move appliances out of the living room.

GE monogram Pro Df range
    Proline BBQ hood 900 CFM
    Bosch 800 Plus DW
    Nantucket 32" undercounter zero radius SS sink
    Delta Trinsic faucet

Definitely a mixed bag of best for the money at the moment. W have been collecting appliances for several months.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler