Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gaggenau downdraft

Posted by eleena (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 12 at 15:33

I know that *everyone* here says that downdraft vents don't work. But these people claim that Gaggenau's does.

The artcile is from 2008. I am hoping someone has tried it by now.

What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: Gaggenau downdraft

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gaggenau downdraft

The swiveling periscope appears to have been discontinued...it also required a large amount of undercounter space to install, was very expensive, and was only approved for use with the Gaggenau Vario hobs (which are also very expensive, and come in limited options) It probably did a better job than most other downdrafts, but it was still fighting a losing battle with physics versus an above-cooktop hood with decent capture area and power.

The backsplash downdraft looks really nice, but if you look at the specs for it it is recirculating only...it has a centrifugal grease trap and an odor filter, and then sends the air right back out of the toekick area. Check out the linked video...

Here is a link that might be useful: Gaggenau AT-400 video

o
RE: Gaggenau downdraft

Eleena - don't do a downdraft......they simply don't work. I have one in my current home - a Dacor with remote blower and it does not SUCK anything out of the kitchen. I don't even turn it on anymore - no point to it.

For the new build, we are going with a Modern Aire hood which gets very good reviews.

M

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here