Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yaar_gw

Need help choosing cooktop and oven

Yaar
10 years ago

We are remodeling the kitchen and need to decide on appliances. Would like Induction cooktop (36") and electric oven (30"). In addition we will have a Speed oven (probably Miele). Any suggestions on the induction cooktop and oven?

Comments (10)

• dettmerdds
    10 years ago

We too are looking to remodel. When we "did" the kitchen 9 years ago we chose a Dacor 36" range (with oven below). We made the mistake of NOT putting in a wall oven. Last year we corrected that oversight by giving up our broom closet in favor of a 27" Bosch double wall oven. We LOVE it!! It has performed beautifully and not having to bend over to load and unload the oven is wonderful! So now we're going to sell the Dacor range and put in a "range top" with cabinet below. Not sure yet about brand. Dacor, Viking and Kitchen Aid are all in the running. I'm intrigued by the Electrolux Icon Series but NOBODY has them on display and I just can't buy something like that without seeing and touching the real thing. Anyone wish to comment on these brands? NOTE: These are slide in "range tops" and NOT drop in cook tops.

• juno_barks
    10 years ago

FWIW, I am putting in a 30-inch Bosch induction (500), and an electrolux wall oven, the EW30EW55GS (wave-touch). The oven gets great reviews here and on AJ Madison.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I love my Bosch 500 series induction cooktop (30"). Best features - individual hob timers, and direct-select power levels.

• LE
    10 years ago

We have the Bosch 500 36" induction and the Electrolux oven, which will be under counter (not under the cooktop, though.) Unfortunately, I can't report on performance yet as they were just delivered a week ago and are still in the garage!

• juno_barks
    10 years ago

I'm so glad to see that many of you read the tea leaves in the same way that I do.... has this been of any help, yaar??

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Reality here :-) - I've been using mine since late December!

• athomesewing
    10 years ago

I love my Electrolux Icon Wall oven.

• carguy60
    10 years ago

Hard to go wrong with any of the Induction cooktops,

Be wary of the clearance requirements underneath the cooktop though, some of them severely restrict the ability to have useful cupboards or drawers underneath.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Agreed. We have a small (apartment) kitchen and wanted to install a wall oven under the induction cooktop. Because of the clearance requirements for the cooktop(s), there were very few ovens that would fit (we eventually got a Fagor, which despite them being in bankruptcy, is actually an excellent oven).

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I have the wolf induction. Initially I wasn't happy but love it now. Clearance requires 5-6 inches
    I also have the wolf oven and keeping fingers crossed on the enamel issue.