Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rhome410

Oven porcelain lining flaking/chipping...Only with blue?

rhome410
15 years ago

I've read complaints of the porcelain chipping/flaking/pitting in Electrolux and Wolf ovens, and have had it happen in my Fisher & Paykel. All of them have blue interiors. The repair tech who came to my house said that Bosch was the first to have a blue interior, and they have a patent on their process or 'recipe' that others haven't been able to emulate, and that Bosch are the only blue ovens he hasn't had to replace because of chipping/flaking.

Mine is now being replaced with the new F&P, which has a gray or black interior, so I'm wondering...Has anyone had this problem with anything other than blue? Is it happening with the dark gray or black interiors but no one is noticing because the metal underneath is the same color, so it's more difficult to notice?

F&P and 2 different repair techs assured me it shouldn't hurt the oven or affect the use. However, in a current thread about a Wolf range with this problem, the Wolf owner and an Electrolux owner say they have little shards of the porcelain (actually thin glass) moving around in their ovens when the fans are on, landing on their food or pan lids. Since the Wolf owner got a hand injury from one of these pieces, both owners justifiably fear unexpectedly swallowing them, too.

So...Only blue oven interiors are at risk, or all?

Here is a link that might be useful: Related discussion about Wolf oven problem

Comments (334)

• hvtech42
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Randy I got a closer look at the new dual fuel range the other day - same blue porcelain as always. The photo tricked me into thinking it was different. The interior does indeed look similar to the M series oven, including the removable bottom which is nice to see:

https://certifiedapplianceparts.com/823356-823356

• XxXx13
    2 years ago

Has anyone tried to fix the chipped areas or did you use an oven liner over the chipped areas to keep the porcelain from popping up into your food? I'm not in a position to buy a brand new oven right now and I don't think it is in warranty.

• debbiemi
    2 years ago

I know for JennAir it negates the warranty if you use a liner or put tin foil down

• wekick
    2 years ago

@XxXx13

I wouldn’t worry about the warranty if you are past it but if you use a silicone liner, it could hold too much heat and damage the element. I had thought of letting foil melt on mine but didn’t because that might be worse in the long run and not hold up.

This is what has happened over time though. I only use mine with covered dishes because I have another oven. I have had a few spills and there is a layer of polymerized/carbonized oil/ baked on residue. My chipping is in the middle so it seems to have covered it over the years. I wipe it out occasionally to check for blue flakes and they seemed to have stopped. This was over quite a few years and if you put something on the bottom intentionally you might have a fire at the least really bad smoke so don’t do that.

Your best bet may be to appeal to the dealer where you bought it. You might have to go up the ladder. They have leverage with the manufacturer that you don’t. If hat doesnt work, maybe they can help you find a second hand appliance.

• HU-235103066
    2 years ago

Within two weeks of delivery of our GE Profile Oven the inside chipped/flaked off after using the cleaner mode. GE says it is cosmetic and will do nothing. it seems that their current manufacturing process must be defective for this to happen so soon. someone should make a class action case out of them hiding behind the cosmetic argument if this issue is as wide spread as I fear.

• M
    2 years ago

Complain to your credit card company and tell them to revert the transaction. That's your best bet. Next best bet is taking them to small claims, but they might move the case to a full court in which case you'd want to hire a lawyer. Not sure if that's worth it.

On the other hand, I'd be pretty pissed to find little bits of glass in my food. That's a health and safety

• Marie K
    2 years ago

I purchased a double electric Whirlpool oven in 2013. Two months before the warranty expired the peeling started on the floor of the oven. Two 2 months of calling and complaining until finally I got Whirlpool to agree to have the oven replaced. Bad News Again!!!!! A couple of nights ago I noticed the same signs, small bubbling on the oven floor and thin cracking lines. This is 2021. I rarely use the oven - 2x's a month - never used the microwave. The tech that did the replacement had seen this before and suggested I never go over 400 degrees - the bottom of these ovens can't take it. So here I am again with a $2200 oven that is so poorly made - and I/we have to live with this??? Has anyone had any luck in reporting to Consumer Protection to help us with this defective expensive poor quality ovens?

• Jennifer Jefferies
    2 years ago

I have a Samsung with a black interior and the coating is chipping off like little glass bits. I bake sourdough regularly and use it at 475° for that process. Any luck contacting the FTC?

• tss036
    2 years ago

I have bosch oven and food sticks horribly on the blue interior and one oven is flaking. I've only had them 2 yrs.

• Lisa Thoms
    2 years ago

So I have a 2007 kitchenaid with a blue speckled interior which caught on fire recently after heating to 500 degrees and has often given off black smoke and toxic fumes. Services multiple times with no solution. Talked to a technician at appliance repair.com and she said she has heard of the blue speckled paint melting, leaving a black, greasy residue and giving off these toxic fumes. I now have a claim into kitchenaid and they will have someone come look at it and "diagnose" it in January. So much for cooking Christmas dinner. Just in case someone has this issue as well.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

It's not paint. It's porcelain, which essentially is glass. Unlikely it'll melt at any temperature the oven can achieve.

• HU-68485424
    2 years ago

Use my LG blue-lined oven seldom as it's only one person here. Installed almost two years, ago Jan. 2019. Used self clean option ONCE at Thanksgiving this year (2021) and the paint on the bottom of the oven flaked off. Additionally, when self clean was on, oven started to smoke, smoke alarm came on for 5-6 minutes. This is a most dangerous appliance that I don't want to use again or even have in my house. My old gas range lasted for 30+ years and never a problem like this. If this is the future, it's not for me. No help from the company I purchased it from. Thanks, guys.

• scsbaileys
    2 years ago

Looks like this is a problem with all the ovens that have the Self cleaning option the porcelain in the ovens is not strong enough to take the high temperatures and it flakes and cracks. Maybe it would be worthwhile to report these companies to the FTC.

• M DB
    2 years ago

I am on my second Samsung oven for this same thing. The place I bought it from replaced it after the porcelain came off after 6 weeks and a self-clean cycle. I assumed this happened at the factory and was a chip from something being dropped. Then I did a self-clean on my replacement a few days ago. Samsung says it's cosmetic. That conversation didn't end well. I'm now working with the company I bought it from and have sent a question Ontario Consumer Protection Act, on how to go after these manufacturers for this issue. This is a health and safety issue. The fan runs while the oven is on, potentially blowing these particles onto your food. The price we pay for this junk is criminal. Class action lawsuits may need to be started.

• Lisa Wilson
    2 years ago

I have the same issue with a Whirlpool electric wall oven, in Canada, a year old, the finish is flaking under the broiler element on the top and little shards of porcelain fall into the food I am cooking/baking. Whirlpool denies any problem with the oven finish. I never self cleaned it as it invariably damages something in the oven, but I've used it regularly. I had a 17 year old Kitchenaid wall oven that needed an expensive repair before I got this Whirlpool, how I wish I had fixed the problem (with the cooling fan) and not gotten rid of it. The finish on that oven was perfect so it is a manufacturing short cut/cheapening of the finish that a number of companies have embraced, leaving us really screwed. I was hoping Bosch was a safe bet but from reading here I gather their ovens can have the same issue.

• M
    2 years ago

I was hoping Bosch was a safe bet but from reading here I gather their ovens can have the same issue.

I have concluded that this issue happens across brands, and the only truly safe bet is getting an oven with a stainless steel interior. Those are not very common, but they do exist in specialty devices. My Miele CSO and my Miele SpeedOven both have that material. I really like both of these appliances, but they are unusual in many ways. So, they might not work for everybody. Most importantly, they are only 24" wide. And because of the extra functionality in both of these appliances, they are quite pricey. I don't believe Miele puts stainless steel into their regular convection ovens.

The other option would be to look for a gas range. Anecdotally, they seem to have fewer (no?) problems with flaking enamel. I am not sure, it is well understood why the enamel is failing like this. So, I can't tell whether gas inherently has an advantage in this situation (e.g. because of difference in placement of the heating element) or whether we have incomplete data and gas ovens are affected, but we simply don't know about it.

• HU-68485424
    2 years ago

My LG blue-lined oven was nearly two years old in Jan. 2022, and had been used a couple of times. When I finally needed to use the self-cleaning option (that's what we all want, isn't it??), I noticed a blue chip in the middle of the oven -- about the size of a dime. So, I did an Internet search and found many references to customer complaints about this with several different manufacturers. I paid $899 + tax for my oven. Wrote to company that sold it to me. After several escalating emails from me, They told me to take it up with mfgr. I told them I wasn't doing that, that other complaints referenced inability to get an answer from LG, they needed to stand behind what they were selling, that this was a piece of junk and that I wanted a refund and removal of the oven. And sent them internet info stating that one customer purchased oven from Home Depot; they immediately replaced her oven. Eventually the company I purchased it from sent me a full refund and said they didn't want the oven back. I'm not buying another oven with this beautiful, but potentially harmful, blue lining.

• M DB
    2 years ago

Time to start class action lawsuits. Wolf faced one in 2018 from what I see. This story tells you that the Kitchenaid manual warns this can happen with self cleaning. https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/09/21/you-dont-want-this-ingredient-in-your-brownies-porcelain-lining-can-chip-off-in-some-ovens-its-a-huge-concern/

• Lisa Thoms
    2 years ago

Well, the end result to my claim with Whirlpool was a dead end. They would give me a discount on a new oven, but don’t have any in stock. no accountability or responsibility from Whirlpool at alll

• M DB
    2 years ago

I contacted Consumer Protection Ontario and their reply: Thank you for contacting Consumer Protection Ontario at the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services.

We confirm receipt of your inquiry and have reviewed the incoming communication.

We will not take action at this time for the following reason(s):

• Your concern focuses on a warranty or quality of goods/service dispute that is more appropriately pursued in civil court.

Looks like we need to start a class action lawsuit against these companies. If I don't get satisfaction from the place I bought it from, I will use my free legal advice that comes with my home insurance to look into this.

• HU-68485424
    2 years ago

Search the 'net for "customer complaints about blue-lined oven flaking problems." The results will help get a refund or a different replacement from the company that sold it to you. These companies that sell this junk need to stand behind what they sell.

• HU-68485424
    2 years ago

Lisa: Go back to the company that sold you this dangerous,, inferior product. I had to contact them several times. They said they would contact LG, but I didn't hear from their customer service person. So I wrote another email to ALL the company employees, starting with the president, the ceo, the coo, etc. Finally, this got some action. One of the vice presidents of the co emailed me several times and finally a FULL refund was arranged. Be persistent!

• rachelreardon
    2 years ago

Go to your local news station, tag them on your social media, just keep fighting it. I had the same thing with Jenn Air on my $7500 range. They ended up replacing mine. This is a known problem across the board and unacceptable.

• B S
    2 years ago

To update my experience, we were able to get Whirlpool to buy back our range at 100% of the cost we paid for it even though it was 1-2 years past the warranty. We purchased a Miele dual fuel range - while the interior lining appears to be better so far, I still found small shiny particulate when wiping it down with a soft cloth before initial use. I have not checked it regularly but did not see any additional particulate the last time I wiped it down. We've owned it less than 1 year, hopefully it holds up over time.

Edit - we have never and will never use the self-cleaning feature.

• HU-68485424
    2 years ago

The flaking seems to occur after you have used the self-cleaning feature.

• rhome410
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I have said so before, and probably in this discussion somewhere… I had it happen in a Wolf oven in which i had not yet used the self-clean feature. I find that irrelevant to any discussion with a manufacturer, or in advising people, because the appliance should maintain its integrity throughout the use of any and all features it has and we paid for.

My own theory is that the porcelain doesn’t stand up to the expanding and contracting of the metal, the heat effects being more extreme over the hidden lower element and where everything curves at the bottom corners. It does make some sense that the even higher heat of self-clean may provoke it sooner. But in ovens with the issue, I believe it would likely happen eventually… and, mostly, shouldn’t happen at all.

Seems like Gaggenau has it figured out. Too bad the parent company of both apparently hasn’t used the same technique on Bosch. I’m glad to see some of you are at least getting companies to respond. But this all sure makes it hard to buy anything and know we won’t also be buying into major headaches.

• M DB
    2 years ago

There's been a few class action lawsuits against Wolf, but I don't know if there's been any settlement on them. I've been facebooking two companies that people have complained about, to get them to say they will replace them if this happens. Then, if I do get satisfaction with my Samsung, I will buy another brand and keep the communication with these companies as proof. They aren't admitting they have an issue so far. The one says a couple people on the internet complaining doesn't indicate there's a problem. Well, 3% of the people complain, the rest walk away and tell their friends. I've talked to a few people that haven't had any problems, but none of them have used the self clean feature either. This type of customer service is just appalling. I grew up in the day when products lasted, and companies stood behind their product. I can't and won't get used to this.

• CeCex6
    last year

This has happened to my new Jenn Air too. I have used the self cleaning maybe 2 times since remodeling 3 years ago. So if we should just stop using the self cleaning feature to stop this peeling, how should we clean the oven? I thought you weren’t supposed to use oven cleaner and manually clean a self cleaning oven. Also - I don’t think it’s only self cleaning that does this. I think it’s just cooking with high temp too. I wiped some peeling flakes off the bottom of mine recently and then made bread at 475 soon after that and had more peeling.

• rhome410
    Original Author
    last year

@CeCex6, it’s definitely not due to only using the self-clean feature, because i had it happen in one of my Wolf ovens that hadn’t been self-cleaned yet. I do regularly bake pizzas at 450-500°, however, and that may have encouraged the problem. -And I found that once it started, using the oven at all could bring on more.

My theory has been that a combination of the hidden lower element and the heat with contraction/expansion of the metal was too much for the porcelain to bear. But the oven manufacturers should be putting out a product that can support their promised functions, including using the higher heat and self-clean. My Gaggenau oven has done it now for years. I would be glad to deal eith an exposed element if I could get the baking performance (especially like I got with my Wolfs) without the porcelain issues!

As far as cleaning, if you don’t want to use self-clean, you can make a baking soda paste and let it soak on any spills or you can try steaming it by heating water or vinegar-water solution. I can’t say how it’ll work for you. I can caution you to be very careful wiping out your oven that has broken porcelain! By experience I know it can result in shards of the glass in your hand and plenty of blood…

• Mark Johnson
    last year

Lg Gas range with blue ”easy clean” oven . flaking oieces of glass type shards into our food . LG will give a refund on the one uear old appliance .

• HU-568622619
    10 months ago

Bought a GE wall oven since the previous model was great and lasted over 15 years. Used the self clean all the time in my previous GE oven with no issues. Fast forward to the new purchase GE oven and after using self clean due to stains on the bottom, the black bubbled off and when wiped down it was like scraping metal against metal and exposed the metal underneath. GE states this is just cosmetic and they have "never" seen this happen before on this product model JTS3000SN1SS. There resolution is for me to buy another from them since it's out of warranty. Um mine is just a little over 2 years old this should not happen at all. Reading the comments it's making sense that it's the combination of the hidden element, high heat, and using the self cleaning function. The black interior surface meant to keep the oven looking cleaning is NOT working. One should not have to worry about using built in self cleaning option or baking at high temperatures. Isn't that part of how the oven is suppose to work?

Are there any ovens out there that don't have this problem?

• rhome410
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@hu-568622619, I agree that if the feature is included and used to market the oven, it should work without causing problems. As far as what ovens don’t have the problem… from this discussion I’d guess maybe Miele and and I haven’t seen complaints with either Thermador or Gaggenau. My Gagg is still ok after several years. When I looked at them with input from the distributor’s rep, Thermador, as part of the BSH family, seemed to be an expensive version of Bosch, rather than a less expensive version of Gagg, so what’s true of Bosch (problems mentioned above) may be true of Thermador. There may be fewer complaints of these brands, because of fewer owners due to price? Hard to know.

• awm03
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

" Are there any ovens out there that don't have this problem? "

I'm 2 1/2 years in with my GE Profile oven, bake/roast/air fry at 450 to 550 F, & no problems yet.

But I'm deathly afraid of the self-cleaning feature & jump through hoops to avoid a very dirty oven. My routine keeps the oven pretty clean, so I've not needed the self-clean feature.

What seems to be working well is using the steam clean feature (believe it or not). I use it after I've roasted meats or air fried meats or oily vegetables. Then after the oven cools down a bit from steaming, I spritz the oven with Windex and wipe with a paper towel, or sometimes I'll use a soapy dishcloth (Dawn). I'll use Weimann's cooktop cream on the glass if it's splattered, or Weimann's Max cooktop cleaner with the plastic scrubber if very splattered & dried on hard, & I'll use Weimann's Max + scrubber on baked on blobs on the porcelain. If the oven has lots of greasy, carbonized splatter, I'll spot clean with Blue Cap Easy Off (no lye), but I've hardly had to use that. Fortunately, the convection fan in my oven doesn't blow splatter around like my old KitchenAid did.

There are downsides to this. 1. Jumping through hoops is right -- I do this cleaning very frequently, & it's maybe a 10 minute chore. But it's better than frying the electronics or weakening the porcelain, & it beats spending a day cleaning an oven with caustic cleaners & all the messy hard work that entails.

2. The steam clean feature needs to start with a cool oven. Don't want to thermal shock the porcelain by pouring cool water on a hot oven floor. But I fear the grease will harden while the oven cools down, so sometimes I'll just stick a cake pan of water on a rack while the oven is still hot after removing the food. That steams the oven cavity pretty well, and when cleaning up after dinner, then I'll spritz the oven & wipe down, or wipe down with a soapy dish cloth.

3. Doesn't work for sugary spill overs like apple pie filling. Blue Cap Easy Off needed. (Also teach DH to use a baking sheet underneath fruit pies.)

4. Am I rusting out the oven or electronics by steaming so frequently? Could be.

Yes, I've seen the thread about Aqualift, and the posters are right: Steam Clean functions won't clean a dirty oven. But as a preventative for greasy film build up, to soften cheesy spillovers, to keep baked on spots fairly scrubbable, it seems to be working. The porcelain is still in great shape.

• dadoes
    10 months ago

awm03, you're using the steam-clean feature as it's likely intended ... after each baking instance that generates soil in the oven to assist with immediate wipe-cleaning of it.

• Walhit W
    6 months ago

I have an LG induction range (LSIL6336F). After one month of ownership, the blue enamel has already scraped off where the racks rub on the sides, and we found small pieces of enamel.

We have not used the self-clean or even the low-temp steam clean. We've run convection baking as high as 475 °F and we've briefly broiled on the low-power setting—not exactly a torture test.

This oven does not have a bottom element, by the way. Just the boiler (top) and conection element (rear). I liked the lack of a bottom element because the modern hidden elements can be very hard to replace.

I'm glad to learn more about this problem here but very disappointed to hear how common it is across brands. I'm not sure whether to ask Costco for a replacement of the same model or for a different brand.

• Janis Skloot
    4 months ago

The blue interior is NOT the only enamel that is flaking off small glass like pieces. I have a Frigidaire Gallery Gas Double Walled oven that is less than a year old and tiny pieces of enamel are on the floor of the both ovens. I'm sure most people do not realize that this is not burnt food and many are using their ovens with pieces of enamel flying about.

• Yolanda
    3 months ago

I know that some Combi Steam Ovens and Speed Ovens have NO enamel, and instead use stainless steel. But as somebody pointed out, they are very specific ovens and usually much more expensive.

Knowing that it's not just the Blue enamel, but ANY enamel can be prone to this chipping issue .... Does anybody know of any "regular" ovens or convection ovens that DON'T have any enamel?

What else is out there??

• Mary Kops
    2 months ago

Yes same issue with GE Cafe dark grey.

• Kathleen Boyle
    2 months ago

I’m having the same issue with my 2yr old LG gas range.
    I ran the self clean cycle and now the blue interior is flaking off. I had multiple calls with LG. By my 3rd call they said they wouldn’t do anything because the range is out of warranty. I bought an extended warranty through the appliance store and they are trying to tell me this is just a cosmetic issue and is not covered under my warranty.
    Blue porcelain/ glass flakes chipping off the interior of the oven and potentially being ingested does not seem like a cosmetic issue.

• M DB
    2 months ago

That's the same thing Samsung said to me. I had the same comment back to them about ingesting the porcelain. The next oven I buy will have the element exposed. I've read where people think it may have something to do with the hidden elements causing the porcelain to heat up. I don't know if this is actually true or not. I guess I'll have a better idea when I buy my next one.

• Mary Weber
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

This issue is on-going across MANY brands, due to the fact that the heating coils are no longer exposed like they used to be.

Not sure when the change was made, but at one point in time a few Decades ago..., manufacterers decided to remove the coils from the bottom of the oven and submerge them below the oven floor. This was for a cleaner and more modern asthetic, but also easier for cleaning. But since the elements are below the oven floor, the enamal will flake off. If you run your convection fan (as most people do) you are sending tiny shards of glass all into your food, potentially.

I've seen somebody say they were so sick and tired of this issue that they ripped their oven out completely and rely solely on their stainless steel interior appliances:

- Steam Oven (or combination steam oven w/ a brioler at the top)

- Advantium Oven 5--in--1 microwave oven

- Toaster Oven

etc

While this may not work for some people's cooking habbits, they said they haven't missed their oven at all. Their food comes out quicker because the caviites of those other appliances are about half the size as what their normal oven was.

If you think about it, how often do you use your oven and think, "gee, I wish I had MORE space in here." Probably never.

Do we really need to preheat a massive 5 cubic foot oven for 30 minutes, just to bake a 3 inch thick slice of salmon?

I know this isn't completely relevant to the OP's original question, but perhaps a solution to those furious with their ovens chipping. Imagine the things you most-often cook, and Think to yourself : "could my meals be made in other appliances instead?"

• M DB
    2 months ago

You have some good points, but if you are a baker, you use your big oven. Also, I have so many of these smaller appliances, that I don't want any more. I'd prefer if these companies were taken to court over this and lost big. I know my next one won't be the same company that told me it was cosmetic and I won't buy one with the hidden element. Hopefully that solves the problem.

• rhome410
    Original Author
    2 months ago

But, @M DB, i would gladly deal with an exposed element to avoid dealing with this issue over and over, but do any exist without a hidden element?

• Mary Weber
    2 months ago

Anothre thing: there are many threads on this site about the Wolf interior ovens chipping on the top, sides, and even the door. So the hidden element might be a PART of the equation, not the full story.

How do we explain the chipping enamel on the door of people's ovens if there are no coils there? Maybe the enamel as a whole just can't handle anything above a certain heat temperature, but the oven floor is usually the first to go. Not sure.

To the point about multiple appliances, yes that can be annoying. That said, I've seen many, and I mean many, folks say their combination single steam oven has totally replaced their need for a regular oven. They bake, the broil, they steam, they can make just about everything. And the interior is stainless steel. Pricey though.

But yes, I'm sure certain things like big racks of cookies, would be preferable in the big regular oven. Would be great if these companies could be sued big time. Or just come out with a better design.

• M DB
    2 months ago

Rome410, yes they do still sell ranges with the exposed element. The one I was looking at also had the coils for the burner and not the glass top - which is another thing I don't like. The coils have their downside, but the glass gets stuff burned on easily and you can't just clean them with soap and water. Then I'm also concerned I may drop something on it and shatter it. I haven't het, but I'm sure it's an accident waiting to happen. Mary Weber has a point with the enamel peeling off the doors where there's no element. My oven has only done it on the bottom though.

• rhome410
    Original Author
    2 months ago

I don’t remember reading about doors having the problem. Since we’ve seen far more complaints about bottoms, I’d be happy to take a chance with exposing the elements to solve the majority of the issues.

I was wondering if there were still wall ovens with exposed elements. I told a repair tech once, who was here to replace an oven, that I’d like to get a good, basic oven that just baked and baked well without fancy features. He said there was no such thing. He said basic ovens weren’t just less expensive, they were cheap. They have fewer features, but also skimp on things like accuracy to set temps, and insulation to hold those temps and have any even baking. Seems like there’s no way for the consumer to win, or at least know they’ll get something trouble free.

In case it helps, I had a ceramic topped range that cleaned up pretty well with Barkeeper’s Friend and I used that successfully on my daughter’s glass top recently. (And that range oven had no convection, an exposed element, and seemed to bake evenly on 2 racks. Or maybe I was less aware- or picky- then.)

• M DB
    2 months ago

I have a cleaner to clean the top, but often have to use a glass scraper to scrape off the burned on food and you eventually get scratches. Just overall a pain to keep looking nice and then the chance of it breaking if you drop something on it. It hasn't happened yet, but......fingers are crossed. The consumer can't win with anything anymore, not just ovens. Nothing lasts like in the good old days, but hey, they are energy efficient, so all should be good!!! We need some laws with teeth against these companies, but now I'm dreaming.

• J S
    last month

Samsung oven does the same thing and they won’t even acknowledge the issue when you bring it to their attention. They wait until your warranty is out and refuse to do anything. Buyer beware!!

• M DB
    last month

Mine is a Samsung and they told me it was cosmetic. It's ridiculous what these big businessess are getting away with. Never again will I buy a Samsung. The only reason I bought this one is because that's pretty much what I could get with the features I wanted at the start of the pandemic. I couldn't even go in and look at it. I had cips break on the shelf in their fridge I bought at the same time. They did nothing about that. Wanted to give me a recommendation of who to call over to replace plastic clips worth a couple cents, and I'd pay a service call on top of that. They wouldn't even send me these in the mail. I used Duck Tape instead.

• Mary Kops
    last month

Mine is GE cafe with black/gray interior that chipped also. I think it is possibly manufacturing issues.