Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningnovice

Cooking appliance cold-feet - need help "re-choosing"

gardeningnovice
10 years ago

So after a lot of research I finally decided on my appliances, but now I am finding a need to revise my choices. I could use some help/advice/opinions.

My original plan was a Wolf 30" cooktop and a Wolf E-series 30" wall oven. I can get a $1000 rebate if I purchase by the end of the month.

In the meantime, I learned about - and managed to get - a Gaggenau combi steam oven for half-price (very happy)! I also just saw the cooktops in person and decided that those knobs and their placement are going to be a problem. I am thinking of going with the rangetop instead (still Wolf, which I like) even though the price difference is $1200

So now that I am over-budget and with increasing concerns about the Wolf blue porcelain issue, I think I might need to change the oven too. Having the Gaggenau takes some of the burden off this other wall-oven (though I'm not ready to totally eliminate a conventional oven). I am thinking about the Bosch (though no idea which series), which saves me a considerable amount of money and while flawed seems like a pretty good oven. I am attracted by the new side-opening Bosch Benchmark series, but it may not be a good solution as it doesn't solve the money issue (only save $200 vs. the E-Series with rebate) and is untested. I am worried about the loud fan noise complaints for some of the other less expensive ovens.

Sorry for the ramble - any thoughts or other oven-suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks!

PS - the rangetop will have a hood vented to the outside.

Comments (4)