Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cooking appliance cold-feet - need help "re-choosing"

Posted by gardeningnovice (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 15:16

So after a lot of research I finally decided on my appliances, but now I am finding a need to revise my choices. I could use some help/advice/opinions.

My original plan was a Wolf 30" cooktop and a Wolf E-series 30" wall oven. I can get a $1000 rebate if I purchase by the end of the month.

In the meantime, I learned about - and managed to get - a Gaggenau combi steam oven for half-price (very happy)! I also just saw the cooktops in person and decided that those knobs and their placement are going to be a problem. I am thinking of going with the rangetop instead (still Wolf, which I like) even though the price difference is $1200

So now that I am over-budget and with increasing concerns about the Wolf blue porcelain issue, I think I might need to change the oven too. Having the Gaggenau takes some of the burden off this other wall-oven (though I'm not ready to totally eliminate a conventional oven). I am thinking about the Bosch (though no idea which series), which saves me a considerable amount of money and while flawed seems like a pretty good oven. I am attracted by the new side-opening Bosch Benchmark series, but it may not be a good solution as it doesn't solve the money issue (only save $200 vs. the E-Series with rebate) and is untested. I am worried about the loud fan noise complaints for some of the other less expensive ovens.

Sorry for the ramble - any thoughts or other oven-suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks!

PS - the rangetop will have a hood vented to the outside.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cooking appliance cold-feet - need help "re-choosing&

Maybe take a look at the various Electrolux wall ovens, at least one full extension roller rack depending on model, Icon models have 3, lots of cooking features, lower price points,and well thought of by some here. Cooling fan noise lower than the lowest blower speed of a good exhaust hood. The full extension racks really are a convenience and safety benefit.

This post was edited by venmarfan on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 2:12

o
RE: Cooking appliance cold-feet - need help "re-choosing"

I am interested in the Electrolux, but I thought they had enamel problems as well and I was scared off by all of the online reviews about poor customer service. I will take another look, thanks.

o

You might want to look at this recent thread for more discussion on Electrolux ovens and blue chipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oven enamel problems - thoughts?

o

Thanks wekick - somehow I missed that post even though I have been on the forum pretty obsessively these past few weeks. I am still uncertain what to do, but I suspect it is because there is not a perfect solution.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here