Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advantium120 Oven Calibration

Posted by jd1368 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 15:15

My Advantium is runs about 45F lower than programmed temp.

Service was just here and they called GE. They said that is normal because actual oven temp should be 25F lower than programmed due to "convection baking offset", and from there +/- 25F error is in "spec". There is no temp calibration on the Advantium120 apparently.

Does this sound right? To me it doesn't.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advantium120 Oven Calibration

You didn't say how you know the oven is running about 45F below what you programmed. Are you using a good quality thermometer?

The owner's manual says: "Auto Recipe Convert: Auto recipe conversion reduces the convection baking temperature automatically by 25ºF when turned ON. You still input the recipe temperature and the oven control
does the rest. To change the setting, press the OPTIONS pad and turn the
dial to AUTO RECIPE CONVERT. Press the dial to enter. Turn the dial to
change the setting to ON or OFF. Press the dial to enter."

What happens if you try changing that setting?

o
RE: Advantium120 Oven Calibration

Caliente63,

Thanks for the info. The temperature 45 low was confirmed by the service techs thermocouple.

I checked the settings like you suggest and indeed auto convert was on. The service tech (third party) did not know about it.

So with the 25 down from convert I am still about 25 low. However the tech says that is within the spec (+/- 25F) of the oven.

I can live with that, just adjust by recipes accordingly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here