Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
netski1971

Advise choosing kitchen appliances

netski1971
12 years ago

I am in the beginning stages of a kitchen remodel and am finally able to get "my" kitchen, though budget is not unlimited. I love to cook and have 3 young kids (2 boys/1 girl) and love to entertain. We will stay in our new home for a very long time. Based on what I've been reading and my own research, here is what I've come up with so far, and some further questions.

Rangetop: 36 in Blue Star or Capital Culinarian

Wall oven: 30 in Electrolux single. Don't think I really need a double oven. Other than appearance and price, I didn't see too much difference with the Icon. Thoughts?

MW: Sharp drawer or mw over the wall oven. I'm not a speed oven kind of cook, so it doesn't appeal to me, but maybe I'll be a convert? Otherwise, for a mw for general needs, like reheating, what would be good? Currently have GE profile and have been happy with it.

DW: Appliance store recommended KA over Miele or Bosch because he said bowls don't fit great in the European models. True? We use a lot of bowls, sometimes 10+ in one day.

Refrigerator/freezer: 48 in built in or 2 columns? or 42 inch? Hoping to spend less than $9k but SO MUCH information. Want lots of cu ft but will have another fridge/freezer side by side in the basement (GE profile that is currently in the house). Is Northland really noisy? Like quiet, no ice/water dispenser wanted.

Hood: Vent-a-hood or Broan? Eliminating odor is VERY important to me as I hate waking up to the smell of the fish I cooked the night before --or garlic, onions, bacon etc. and I have a pretty sensitive sense of smell. Basically understand but still confused about makeup air.

Help on any or all of these choices (so far) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH