Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beverage Refrig or 18' dishwasher? what would you do?

Posted by alishfran (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 12 at 14:52

I am a frequent lurker and am hoping for some good advice as I replace all my kitchen appliances. We are replacing our 18 year old appliances this spring and doing a minor renovation since the sizes are different than when this kitchen was remodeled in the mid-90s. Currently, we have a wet bar area in our kitchen that has a small prep sink and an 18" dishwasher. We also have a full sized KA new d/w in another area of the kitchen. We use the 2nd d/w about once a month, though, if it were quieter, I would probably use it more.

So, what would you do? Would you replace it with another 18" dishwasher, a full sized d/w or a beverage refrigerator? If you have a 2nd d/w, do you use it regularly?

We are replacing our current KA BI S/S 42" refrigerator with a SZ 42" S/S refrigerator.

Thanks for passing on your insight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beverage Refrig or 18' dishwasher? what would you do?

Personally, I'd go for the second dishwasher over the bev. fridge. When my new KA dishwasher died after 9 mths I was really wishing I had a second one.

I guess it all depends on how many people are in your household. If your only dishwasher died, can you handle hand-washing while warranted parts are ordered, back-ordered, and reordered again? It took 6 months to fix our dishwasher. And there is still an issue...

Between my husband and 3 teenagers, I nearly lost my mind. Had it just been the two of us, not such a big deal.

o
RE: Beverage Refrig or 18' dishwasher? what would you do?

Thank you Mamacotti -- that is one thing I hadn't considered. We are a family of 5 and although my two boys are only 6 and 9, they are already starting to eat me out of house and home.
I think I might post over on Kitchens to see if they think I could fit both in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here