Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KitchenAid wall ovens KEBS277SS

Posted by ruthwebb1 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 14:45

Has anyone else run into these problems?

In December 2012 we installed new double wall ovens with a convect option in the upper oven.

Problem 1: We have the newest version of this model and it has 4" cooling fans instead of 2" which were upsized to fix some overheating problems on earlier versions. They are extremely LOUD.

Problem 2: The convect fan at the back of the top oven runs all the time - even in bake mode. From talking to people at Jenn-Aire, KitchenAid & Whirlpool this is standard on all new Whirlpool ovens. Why???

Problem 3: The oven will have to be replaced as the temperature is very random. KitchenAid has already agreed to replace it, so this is not really an issue - just annoying that I didn't get an oven that actually works! I am not sure that this oven will ever be what I want since the top oven doesn't have a true bake mode, but am willing to give it one more try.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KitchenAid wall ovens KEBS277SS

Since no one else has answered, I will jump in with what little I know. I have a double oven but my top unit is a convection/microwave. You seem to have already answered your question about the larger louder fan. KA has had issues with self cleaning overheating/failures. The extra circulation is obviously there to keep the electronics cool. My unit is not very loud and I would think doubling it would not bother me. I wonder if there was something slightly loose and vibrating.

I also looked up your oven and as far as I could tell, both ovens have regular function. For one thing, it would be silly not to be able to turn a convection fan off.

o
RE: KitchenAid wall ovens KEBS277SS

I agree that not being able to turn off the convect fan in the bake mode is just plain silly, but that is the way this particular model works. The noise problem isn't that something is loose -- we have had an authorized service man out twice and it is the fan/air noise, not anything rattling. I've talked to the Whirlpool people and it seems that the convect fan issue is really planned into some of their units. I think it's ridiculous and I hope they carefully identify that this is the case. Some people may not care, but I wanted a clear choice between bake and convect.

Other than that, though, these ovens were just too noisy to keep and KitchenAid has agreed to take them back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here