Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele dishwasher salt dispenser - door or base

Posted by tigerdog (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 14:35

I'm getting ready to buy a dishwasher for a kitchen remodel. Current Miele models have the salt dispenser in the base. The Miele outlet store has the G2830SCi La Perla unit at a pretty good price ($1799). I notice this unit has the salt filler in the door, not the base.

Can anyone please tell me why Miele changed the design to put the salt in the base. Is salt-in-the-door less reliable?

I appreciate any guidance members can share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele dishwasher salt dispenser - door or base

That dishwasher is two generations old therefore IMO it is not a very good price. There is a Miele dealer near me that has a floor model La Perla II with SS door and visible controls for $1250 if you happen to live anywhere near Los Angeles.

About a year and a half ago when the Diamond came out I purchased a La Perla II for just under $1700 from an authorized dealer. I would much rather buy a brand spanking new Miele Futura Dimension Series G5775SCVi for $1779. Much more useful features like comfort close that the extra 7 or so programs offered by the 19 program La Perla I

My La Perla II has the salt dispenser on the base but the Diamond has it on the door.

La Perla I and Diamond are the only two Miele dishwashers with in- door salt dispensers as far as I know. Maybe some older models before La Perla I ? I have not read anything about them being less reliable.

o
RE: Miele dishwasher salt dispenser - door or base

Diamond has salt in the bottom dishwasher as well. La Perla I was the last to have it in the door. Not sure why Miele moved the softener for the US market, as they as still in the door for TOL in the rest of the world. I bought a La Perla 2 floor model last December for the price you've been quoted, so I too, think its a bit steep.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here