Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rchicago

Samsung 48" Refrigerator Available

RChicago
10 years ago

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know anything about Samsung's 48" counter depth fridge? The model is RS27FDBTNSR.

A Google search turns up several sites with the fridge, specs and a user manual, but not any reviews or press materials. Perhaps someone knows something or has better internet skills than I do.

Comments (6)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

This Samsung used to be sold exclusively at Sears as the Kenmore Pro 48.

It looks to have been restyled and now sold under its own Samsung brand.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenmore Pro 48

• RChicago
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! Looking for an excuse not to spend the big bucks on the Sub Zero. But it doesn't sound like the Samsung is the answer.

• dodge59
    10 years ago

We keep hearing complaints about Samsung service, some from appliance repair people, (either directly or indirectly) that repair parts are hard to get and can take a long time to get. We hear the same about LG.

That is "kind of a shame", thou, as the Samsung is a much more advanced unit than is the SZ.

Many folks buy the SZ's as well as Mieles because of the "Complete Separation" of the cooling systems between the fridge and freezer~~~IE, separate compressors, condensors and evaporators.

Well Samsung had the clever idea of still separating the evaporators, but using a common compressor and condenser, plus I "Think" Samsung also uses the latest variable speed compressor which is more efficient and has the capability of a more constant temp in freezer/fridge, (does not cycle full on/off).

So unfortunately your best bet would be to go for the older technology, and the "Usually good service" that come along with it, and buy the SZ.

Myself, I never cared for separate compressors ,condensers or evaporators and have been very happy with my 48" Jenn-air for over 7 years now.

Gary

• mboston_gw
    10 years ago

I second the warning about dealing with customer service at Samsung. Plus, as with any new technology, problems can show up and having to deal with getting them resolved, esp. with Samsung is not fun to deal with.

Remember to register any new appliance - you usually get an additional 3 months added to your year warranty. In my case, it saved me alot of money for repairs that still didn't work. I ended up with a Buy Back but I had to fight them for it.

• schicksal
    10 years ago

I never understood the problems finding LG parts. We were able to source a replacement heating element for our wall oven without any trouble, but other appliances may be apples/oranges.

• bukzin1
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Double check the quoted sizes needed for installation. Its not really 'counter depth' We called Samsung and were told you also need '2 to 3 inches for ventilation, on sides and rear'.

To call this 'counter depth' is a bit of a reach.