Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
afhr36wht-r aga legacy 36' counter depth bottom mount refrigerato

Posted by wallycat (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 14:10

Has anyone heard anything about an AGA Refrigerator?
My LG is making funny sounds so I am getting ready....
need counter depth and want no ice or water...
30" depth is fine even though not really counter depth and french door or side by side is fine....
Will start reading the fridge posts here today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: afhr36wht-r aga legacy 36' counter depth bottom mount refrige

Whoa, you want 36-foot wide fridge?!?
(I'm sorry, I just can't resist when I see someone write 36' instead of 36")

ANYWAY! I'm not sure if there is one. I think there used to be. You can still find some Marvel-branded ones out there.

The ones I've seen are just re-badged fridges by Amana, very similar to most KA, Maytag, etc, you'd see out there.
The Viking freestanding counter-depth is the same too.

Do you specifically want an AGA fridge because you have an AGA range and want to match them up?
Or have you found an AGA one and you're just checking if it's decent?

o

The software here forces feet (changes the inches sign to foot sign)...no one does this intentionally (though if I could get one and have a house big enough, I would LOVE IT ;-) ).

Liebher and AGA were the only "true" 24" deep fridges...I am not locked in. My LG is making noises and I am getting ready.

o

Sorry AGA does still have their 36" fridge:
http://www.aga-ranges.com/_store/Scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=160

It's not a french door though. Bottom-mount freezer with a single left-hinge or right-hinge door above.

And there are others too.
There are multiple KitchenAid & Jenn-Air models that are freestanding and counter-depth.
Elecrolux Icon has a 24" deep SxS. With their nice french door model, the cabinet is counter-depth with the doors extending past by about 2". (But avoid the Elux models with in-door water dispenser.)

If your budget & cabinet layout allows, there are numerous built-in options.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Here is a link that might be useful: AGA 36

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here