Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodfiend_gardener

Bosch wall oven w/ microwave or separate?

foodfiend_gardener
11 years ago

I have *almost* decided on the 800 series Bosch single wall oven (HBL8450UC) and built-in microwave (HMB8050), then I noticed that both pieces came in an all-in-one unit (HBL8750UC). The one piece is about $250 more than the individual units and I was just wondering what I should buy (maybe, I'm not totally set on that manufacturer just yet).

My concern is primarily about repair-- if the microwave needs repair, the entire unit will probably have to be removed from the wall, correct? And it would, of course, cost more and there's always that chance that removing the entire unit from the wall would somehow cause a problem with the single oven. With appliances, I always look to the worst possible scenario because of all of the horror stories I have heard, even with the more pricey manufacturers.

I'm going with Bosch because of reliability of repair and customer satisfaction data, but if anyone would like to suggest an alternate to look at...

Oh, and should I consider a single wall oven and separate undercounter drawer microwave?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm