Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodfiend_gardener

Bosch wall oven w/ microwave or separate?

foodfiend_gardener
11 years ago

I have *almost* decided on the 800 series Bosch single wall oven (HBL8450UC) and built-in microwave (HMB8050), then I noticed that both pieces came in an all-in-one unit (HBL8750UC). The one piece is about $250 more than the individual units and I was just wondering what I should buy (maybe, I'm not totally set on that manufacturer just yet).

My concern is primarily about repair-- if the microwave needs repair, the entire unit will probably have to be removed from the wall, correct? And it would, of course, cost more and there's always that chance that removing the entire unit from the wall would somehow cause a problem with the single oven. With appliances, I always look to the worst possible scenario because of all of the horror stories I have heard, even with the more pricey manufacturers.

I'm going with Bosch because of reliability of repair and customer satisfaction data, but if anyone would like to suggest an alternate to look at...

Oh, and should I consider a single wall oven and separate undercounter drawer microwave?

Comments (4)

• jakvis
    11 years ago

I always recommend separate appliances. It makes them easier to replace if one goes bad.

• deliciousguacamole
    10 years ago

I'm hoping that foodfiend will see this and let us know what they decided -- did you go with the Bosch ovens as one unit, or separate ovens, or something else? I've also been considering these models and am hoping to get feedback from anyone who owns one. Thanks!

• Eric
    7 years ago

Just curious what you went with? I'm now considering the same (only newer) models and this is a question I had planned on asking.

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    7 years ago

The newer Bosch units are always "seperate". When you get a a unit like an HBL8751 it actually comes in 2 boxes with a kit to join option together. You then plug the top unit into a junction box and connect both to a single power supply.

This IMHO is the best of both worlds as install is a one piece but you can replace one independently of the other.