Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Jsceva - Are You Still Around?

MichelleDT
12 years ago

Jsceva - I found an older post from last year that you purchased a Viking induction range. Can you provide an update on your experience. Pros and cons, loves and hates? I want a red induction range and it looks like my only option and a pricey one at that.

Thanks in advance.

M

Comments (7)

• dodge59
    12 years ago

Well as ya probably knows, I'm not Jsceva.

But here is what I found so far. These are from posters on Garden Web.

"I have had a Viking induction in a new house for 3 years and have had TWO of the elements go bad already. Viking has been unsympathetic and I would NEVER buy a product from them again. I still like induction and will probably replace the whole thing before spending more money on the second bad element ( $1000). Very disappointing for a high end high price appliance."

"I've also had the Viking Induction Range for about three years, would not buy one again and am reluctant to buy from Viking in the future. I don't know if it's only Viking but the elements can be noisy when used - a humming/whining noise that can sometimes get fairly loud.
    It's taken us longer to determine that they have power issues when you use the cooktop and oven at the same time. We finally put a separate oven thermometer permanently in the oven. When the oven is going and you start up the cooktop, the oven temperature starts dropping and does not recover as long as the cooktop is being used."

The Induction Site does not have a vary good view of viking Induction, either, (Click the Helpful Link Below) to see their "take on the Viking Induction"

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: The Induction Sites review of Viking Induction

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Gary....not at all positive so I think I need to take this off the table and go back to my induction cooktop plan. I don't want to take the chance (and at the price point) even tho I really, really wanted a pop of color in that white pantry kitchen.

Goodbye racing red pop of color!

• jsceva
    12 years ago

Here I am - just answered your other post.

We haven't installed our range yet, because our construction has been delayed.

For what it is worth, I am told by Viking that they changed the manufacturer of their induction elements fairly recently (within the last year or two), after they did have some recurring problems with the old burners.

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for responding - will keep an eye out for your review. I emailed Viking with several less than positive reviews and the info from the Induction site. Will be interesting to see if they respond.

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jsceva,

Just checking back with you to see if your Viking induction has been installed and used yet. I was able to cook on it locally and really liked. I know a few hours of play isn't real life so looking for your experience with it.

Thanks.

M

• jsceva
    11 years ago

Still not installed...we had a couple more significant delay...the floor we had picked out didn't work out for us, so we had to decide on, source, and order something else...its here now, but at this rate its probably 3 weeks more minimum before we get the appliances installed.

I am just trying to take it one step at a time and not get too stressed about it, at this point...

• jsceva
    11 years ago

Still not installed...we had a couple more significant delay...the floor we had picked out didn't work out for us, so we had to decide on, source, and order something else...its here now, but at this rate its probably 3 weeks more minimum before we get the appliances installed.

I am just trying to take it one step at a time and not get too stressed about it, at this point...