Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tonysak

Does anyone have a TEC Inferred grill?

TonySak
12 years ago

Does anyone have a TEC Grill? I'm not referring to the Charbroil grill with the "TEC" licensing agreement.

Comments (8)

• ww340
    11 years ago

We have one, but is is about 15 years old. We bought it new. We have had to replace a couple of things on it throughout the years. The nice thing is that we have always been able to get the replacement parts needed.

• TonySak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What did you think of the grill. I'm thinking about getting a 4 burner. The cost of the grill head is ok, but they want $1500 for a SS cabinet I will never use and another $250 per shelf. The cabinet and shelf really price the thing higher for no reason.

• ww340
    11 years ago

Ours had a stainless steel cover and edges, but part of the base was not stainless and it rusted. My husband replaced that part this past year. All the stainless still looks fine, along with the painted parts.

The grill only really has 2 temps, hot and hotter, even though the dial shows a low. It takes some getting used to, and there are somethings we don't like to cook on it because it is so hot. We have used the french fryer a few times and the griddle when our power was out. It was pretty outrageously expensive when we bought it, but it is still going strong going on 16 years later.

Cleaning is a breeze, because everything just burns off and then we wire brush the grates/racks. Other than the igniter, and the non stainless base, we have not had any problems with it.

I asked my husband if he would buy it again, and he said he would probably shop around before buying another one.

• ex007
    11 years ago

We've had our TEC grill for almost 14 years now. We had to have one igniter replaced (under warranty) years ago. Otherwise, it has worked perfectly. We live in Pittsburgh, so we have all four seasons and it has performed flawlessly in all four. We have the all SS model with two burners. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

• TonySak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How is the low-end heat? I am assuming you must have the 1st generation one.

• ex007
    11 years ago

We only use the low-end heat to keep things warm, and it does fine for that purpose. If we are cooking, we use the hottest setting every time.

• skwid
    11 years ago

I've had the TEC G4000 FR for about 4 months now (bought it used). I had to replace the tops of the burners but called up TEC and they sent me four of them gratis (I just had to pay shipping). The grill now works great and is wonderful for grilling meats. We also grill lots of vegetables with it as there is tons of space. We usually use the high setting but for veggies we'll use a lower heat.

Need to call support about getting an ignitor I broke fixed and then I should be good as new.

• Nunyabiz1
    11 years ago

Solaire has a grill that is both True Infra Red and a regular convection side by side, quality seems to the same or better and about the same price.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler