Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margrethe_gw

vents/blowers on slide-in ranges

margrethe
12 years ago

We just had a new Frigidaire slide-in electric range installed. (model FPES3085K) We hadn't known that when either the glass cooktop or the oven is turned on, air starts immediately blowing in your face from a vent in the oven door. This gets to be hot air after a while, which is annoying. I called Frigidaire customer service and they said this cannot be changed, and is a "feature" (if you can call it that) of all their slide-in ranges in order to keep the glass cooktop cool.

My question is do the electric slide-in ranges of other brands also have this front vent/air blower feature? It's difficult to find out, because it isn't mentioned on their web sites, but I think it's a pretty significant feature that ought to be noted, since it's an unpleasant surprise after you buy the range, and it impacts your enjoyment of the range.

I would like to know whether we just have to live with this or if there are other choices out there. We haven't cooked on the range yet, so could presumably exchange it.