Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ray_garvey

Is HomeClick going out of business?

ray_garvey
15 years ago

I ordered (and PAID FOR) a Capital Precision Range from them a couple of weeks ago. The ordering was cancelled by the supplier (who won't tell me why) the day of delivery. HomeClick's customer service's answering machine says they are closed and to call back during normal working hours, even though I'm calling them during normal working hours. Emails have not been responded to.

I'm disputing the charge on my credit card company today if I don't hear from them; anyone have any news?

Comments (16)

• guadalupe
    15 years ago

Home Click also known as Home Decor is gone

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    15 years ago

My understanding is they filed 2 weeks ago. the doors are now closed no one will answering the phones.

sorry for the bad news

• ray_garvey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

They put on a big sale for one day only (March 9th), (when I ordered my Capital Precision Range) and then folded the next day, apparently. This appears to be a well thought out fraud.

• Joe Blowe
    15 years ago

Last sentence sums it up...

Here is a link that might be useful: HomeClick Kicks It

• bundyrox
    15 years ago

Looks like they are out of business. I received two defective items from them and after many many phone calls I finally got them to send me a UPS label to send back. I sent it back last week and the package was returned to me yesterday with a label from UPS saying Home Decor was out of business. Phone message says to call back during normal business hours even though I called during normal hours.

Couldn't recommend them- even if they did go under. Good prices but customer Service was a nightmare to deal with. Guess you get what you pay for.

• stei7141
    15 years ago

I ordered cabinet pulls from homeclick on Tuesday. When I read the earlier thread about homeclick's demise, I called our credit card company. We are lucky because no charge has been put through on our account even though the website indicates that a purchaser's credit card will be charged as soon as an order is placed. That's one more piece of evidence to indicate that homeclick is, indeed, out of business.

• billf_sink
    15 years ago

Homeclick's other website AbsoluteHome.com has also gone belly up. I guess a company can stay in business without paying its suppliers for only a short time. So long and thanks for all the fish.

• markw
    15 years ago

From where I sit, this is no loss. I know some did OK with Homeclick but my experience was miserable - charged my card immediately but didn't ship for months, no answers available from "customer service" (I use the term loosely). Price was their only advantage. Fortunately, those who used credit cards should be OK even in bankruptcy - a lesson that credit cards are the only way to go, particularly if the amounts involved are large.

• mpetey
    15 years ago

I don't have any news about Home Click but I did find this amazing website called Bellacor.com! They had everything I needed to finish the remodeling project on my home. I've ordered lighting and home furnishings - their selection is amazing and their customer service and delivery were excellent. You should check it out!

http://www.bellacor.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellacor.com

• ya_think
    15 years ago

C'mon mpetey, you don't just join GW today and plug a company unrelated to the conversation unless you have an interest. Get ready for backlash.

I will say, however, that bellacor has saved me a bunch of money in the past. No, I haven't bought from them. Yes, local B&M's reduced their prices drastically when I showed them print-outs from bellacor. Probably not exactly what you wanted to hear.

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

I don't know if mpetey is with Bellacor or not. Always suspicious when a brand new memeber starts touting a particular company. That being said, I have bought from Bellacor and was very satisfied with the product and price. I didnt' have any issues so I can't speak to the customer service aspect.

• mpetey
    15 years ago

I just want to clarify I was also a big fan of Home Click and am sad to see them go. I have purchased many things for my home from that site and have been very satified with the quality and selection of products. I just thought there were a lot of people on here disappointed with their recent closing, so I thought I would share I site I found helpful. I was directed to both Home Click and Bellacor by a friend and I've been very happy with all my home purchases from both places. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I found this site when I was trying to figure out what was happening with Home Click as an order I place with them was also canceled. You are both right. I am new to this site, and I guess I didn't know how it worked. My appologies for offending anyone. I just thought I would share a quality experience I had with others. I'm looking forward to exploring this site more and sharing in others experiences.

• randgalt
    15 years ago

Yep - it's true. How very sad. Scary times ...

Here is a link that might be useful: News Release

• clean_freak
    15 years ago

That site has zero selection and that post is rather suspicious.

• trubee
    15 years ago

Good riddance, but SO sorry if anyone lost money. I had terrible experiences with Home Click and posted warnings every chance I got.

• shannonplus2
    14 years ago

Technoplumber, I am not convinced. You have posted only 3 times on the Gardenweb. You have never posted to ask a question nor to offer advice. Each of your 3 posts contain a link to one specific website, with an over-enthusiastic recommendation. Your post on the Bathrooms Forum was in a thread regarding copper tubs which the website you linked doesn't even sell. Your goal is for people to click on your link. You were named Spammer on the Bathrooms Forum, so you moved over here.

By the way, that website is kinda lame, and the prices aren't very competitive. It is completely beat by qualitybath.com, faucetdepot.com, and several others.