Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleepingtiger_gw

Need suggestion on a microwave/toaster oven

sleepingtiger
10 years ago

Hello everyone: I've been lurking for awhile and the wife and I decided to do a little upgrade to our kitchen. What we currently have is a GE 30" drop-in cooktop, GE double oven, GE over range microwave and Breville toaster oven.

What we are doing is adding a DCS 48" proffesional series range with 6 burners and griddle. We are really wanting to get the bluestar, but with the price difference, it wasn't really feasible. Considering what we started with, this will be one hell of a upgrade already.

We are removing the microwave and adding a Viking 48 hood with a fantech inline blower (i hope i know how to do the wiring). Since we are getting a range, the double oven will be removed and in place will be the microwave. Our kitchen is rather large, but i find that all the little appliances are taking up all the counter space. Smart grill, waffle maker, rice cooker, espresso machine, toaster oven, blender, KA mixer. Just imagine that is only part of what we have, the rest has been put away.
So to make our kitchen less cluttered, i was thinking of adding a microwave/toaster oven. We love using the toaster oven for small stuff like frozen rolls, frozen pizza, occasional reheat of sandwiches. Is there a model that you recommend over the other. I heard of the Advantium, but not sure the quality of it as a microwave. We use the microwave more than any other appliance in our house, so that should be a key.

Comments (2)