Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American 36' Range - 5.3 or 6.0 oven?

Posted by LCMM (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 12:33

We just settled on an American Gas 36" range. The Performer series has open, star-configured burners, ample btu's, but a 5.3 cubic oven. The Heritage series has closed burners, less btu's, and a 6.0 cubic oven plus it costs about $800 more. I do a lot of cooking and like to bake as well. Any thoughts out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American 36' Range - 5.3 or 6.0 oven?

Oven Cavity

Peformer
32" Wide
19" Deep
15" High

Heritage
32" Wide
20.5" Deep
15.5" High

Full size commercial baking sheet is 26"x 18".

So the smaller oven fits.I don't know what would fit in the larger oven that won't fit in the smaller one.

Both broilers are rated to 1800 degrees.

The Performer has a Ceramic broiler while the Heritage has a broiler "constructed from Inconel� stainless steel a superior alloy developed to withstand high heat and abuse"

I guess AR believes Performer owners will not use the broiler as much due the 25k btu open burner.

I would get the Performer Series and save $800.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here