Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Capital Connoisseurian

Posted by yupkwondo (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 12 at 12:20

Making a holding post for when final details are released in the next day or two. Capitals facebook page links here.

http://pitchengine.com/capitalranges/capitals-new-dual-fuel-series-engineered-for-best-of-electric--gas-options

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Capital Connoisseurian

"Connoisseurian?" What is it, an Armenian carpet dealer?

Looks cool, though.

o

They say they will have both sealed and open burner versions.

o

Great color but the name is too fancy. How about

Chow-Now
Lotsa-gas
BTUrriffic

o

If it's not too late, I think I have some names that might be even more difficult to pronounce:

The Capital Cognoscentianarian

The Capital Uberumberrozpittorian

The Capital Gettasimmerplattorian

Don't worry, Capital. You can use any of them royalty free.

o

More appropriate might be the Capital Septuagenarian.

o

(*snort*) Y'all are vicious!

Seriously.....Connoisseurian? Connoisseur wasn't enough?

o

I agree, zeebee. They could have just stopped at Connoisseur.

o

Nice to see dual fuel regardless of the name. I am sure capital (and bs) lose a fair amount of sales to wolf and viking do to lack of df.

o

Capital Callyourservicetechnician?

o

Cool built in car stereo. Seriously though I wouldn't want to be the first one to try out those front mounted electronics in self clean mode.

o

sealed burners?--How can anyone possibly cook with those?

o

can it simmer?

o

Poorly and Yes

o

Posted by deeageaux (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 23, 12 at 13:13

Poorly and Yes

You've cooked on it(them)?

o

you guys really are hysterical.

o

Rumor has it that this thing has some significant challenges around the oven controls, which is really disappointing.

If you notice from the picture there are two knobs in the center and a read-out panel below them. This read out panel needs some tweaking, and I hope they fix it in the prototype before they go live with it. The readout panel faces forward, which is quite different for example from the wolf dual fuel where you push it and it "pops out" facing 45 degrees upward.

In their prototype you can't even read the oven settings or timer unless you get down to eye level.

o

Kurtzicus is correct, right now I don't think the oven control panel on the duel fuel is at all user friendly.

o

And why is there a drip tray on a sealed burner unit?

o

The name sounds like some kind of dinosaur.

o

I saw this at the AD show and posted pictures of the interior under AD show link.
This oven has an option to add water to mimic a gas oven for roasting.

o

It appears from the picture that the oven controls are very, very similar to those used on the Maestro Wall Oven. Since Capital has already developed the electric controls for the Maestro it would be logical for them to use something similar on the dual fuel unit. Additionally, the Maestro has the "Moist Assist" feature mentioned.

We have been using our Maestro single wall oven for about five months and it works very well. However, I think the electronic controls are a little strange. Don�t get me wrong they work well but they take some getting used to. The display is a rather dim orange and I would agree with Krutz that I will bet you will not be able to read the display unless you lower your head to near the level of the display.

On another note I think the range pictured above is BUTT UGLY � no place in my kitchen for something like that!

o

My guess is that the chassis for the unit is the same and whether you have sealed burners or not you end up with the drip tray.

Just a hunch: don't really know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here