Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yupkwondo_gw

Capital Connoisseurian

yupkwondo
12 years ago

Making a holding post for when final details are released in the next day or two. Capitals facebook page links here.

http://pitchengine.com/capitalranges/capitals-new-dual-fuel-series-engineered-for-best-of-electric--gas-options

Comments (22)

• marcolo
    12 years ago

"Connoisseurian?" What is it, an Armenian carpet dealer?

Looks cool, though.

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

They say they will have both sealed and open burner versions.

• colin3
    12 years ago

Great color but the name is too fancy. How about

Chow-Now
    Lotsa-gas
    BTUrriffic

• mojavean
    12 years ago

If it's not too late, I think I have some names that might be even more difficult to pronounce:

The Capital Cognoscentianarian

The Capital Uberumberrozpittorian

The Capital Gettasimmerplattorian

Don't worry, Capital. You can use any of them royalty free.

• marcolo
    12 years ago

More appropriate might be the Capital Septuagenarian.

• zeebee
    12 years ago

(*snort*) Y'all are vicious!

Seriously.....Connoisseurian? Connoisseur wasn't enough?

• jscout
    12 years ago

I agree, zeebee. They could have just stopped at Connoisseur.

• tyguy
    12 years ago

Nice to see dual fuel regardless of the name. I am sure capital (and bs) lose a fair amount of sales to wolf and viking do to lack of df.

• soibean
    12 years ago

Capital Callyourservicetechnician?

• Caddidaddy55
    12 years ago

Cool built in car stereo. Seriously though I wouldn't want to be the first one to try out those front mounted electronics in self clean mode.

• wekick
    12 years ago

sealed burners?--How can anyone possibly cook with those?

• TonySak
    12 years ago

can it simmer?

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Poorly and Yes

• wekick
    12 years ago

Posted by deeageaux (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 23, 12 at 13:13

Poorly and Yes

You've cooked on it(them)?

• aliris19
    12 years ago

you guys really are hysterical.

• kurtzicus
    12 years ago

Rumor has it that this thing has some significant challenges around the oven controls, which is really disappointing.

If you notice from the picture there are two knobs in the center and a read-out panel below them. This read out panel needs some tweaking, and I hope they fix it in the prototype before they go live with it. The readout panel faces forward, which is quite different for example from the wolf dual fuel where you push it and it "pops out" facing 45 degrees upward.

In their prototype you can't even read the oven settings or timer unless you get down to eye level.

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    12 years ago

Kurtzicus is correct, right now I don't think the oven control panel on the duel fuel is at all user friendly.

• ratflinger
    12 years ago

And why is there a drip tray on a sealed burner unit?

• sayde
    12 years ago

The name sounds like some kind of dinosaur.

• elyash
    12 years ago

I saw this at the AD show and posted pictures of the interior under AD show link.
    This oven has an option to add water to mimic a gas oven for roasting.

• IceMan965
    12 years ago

It appears from the picture that the oven controls are very, very similar to those used on the Maestro Wall Oven. Since Capital has already developed the electric controls for the Maestro it would be logical for them to use something similar on the dual fuel unit. Additionally, the Maestro has the "Moist Assist" feature mentioned.

We have been using our Maestro single wall oven for about five months and it works very well. However, I think the electronic controls are a little strange. Don�t get me wrong they work well but they take some getting used to. The display is a rather dim orange and I would agree with Krutz that I will bet you will not be able to read the display unless you lower your head to near the level of the display.

On another note I think the range pictured above is BUTT UGLY � no place in my kitchen for something like that!

• kurtzicus
    12 years ago

My guess is that the chassis for the unit is the same and whether you have sealed burners or not you end up with the drip tray.

Just a hunch: don't really know.