Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
omg- i am truly driving myself insane-nxr-f.o. or

Posted by jean61 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 12 at 12:08

36" Ranges. The Blue Star price came back at $5871.00! I am just an average Cook. Looking for a Range and One other oven. Will go with the Electrolux WaveTouch I think? for second oven--or check out GE Adv.240.

I saw a post about the Fratelli Onofri

And the NXR stoves : http://nxrstoves.com/

and the Verona Ranges...

Is there any others that are 36" I should consider??

And if you have one of the above...do you have any problems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: omg- i am truly driving myself insane-nxr-f.o. or

Fratelli Onofri is bankrupt. You can still buy models but there is no longer any assurance of manufacturer support.

o

Bluestar makes a less expensive range in 30 and 36 inches. It's called the RCS series. Several people on this forum have one, including mojavean. You can ask him about his.

o

I second the rcs. I'd get a quote on that.

o

Thanks TyGuy....I emailed the appliance guy to give me a price!!!

o

I have the 30" NXR, older model and have no problems at all, love it.
Had it just over a year now.

For the price nothing beats the NXR

o

friends don't let friends buy nxr

o

There are some complaints with substance about NXR on AJ Madison and Chowhound, but all the hits against them here are pretty consistently idiotic. Go check other sources.

o

I have only seen 2 actual complaints against the NXR, both were about enamel chipping on the inside of the oven on the newer model. Both complaints could have been buy the same person.
That is it, one other person on Amazon gave the NXR a low rating but it had ZERO to do with the stove, they had bad shipping problems.
I have had zero problems of any kind myself and would buy this same stove again.

o

What I meant was, on the other sites you see owners reporting specific experiences. Here, ninety percent of the hits against NXR are from people saying neener-neener.

o

Yes, I realize what you were saying.
I was just adding that all I have seen as far as "actual" complaints were just two about the enamel chipping.

Most here just spew on about it being "assembled in China" which really makes zero difference.
Most all of the parts are top quality from all over the world.

o

Jean61: let us know what the rcs comes in at? How close to the canadian border do you live? Costco sometimes has 36" rcs models for aprox 3k cdn. If I was looking for a 36" range it would be pretty hard for me to NOT buy one of those.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here