Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
feisty68

my experience with Broan-NuTone NTM302WH range hood

feisty68
10 years ago

I have had this under-cabinet hood installed for about 6 months.

Broan-NuTone NTM302WH - 30 Inch, 500 CFM, 4.1 Sones

Not sure if mine is the same as the photo above - mine is slightly off-white, not standard appliance white.

PROS:

* I like the smooth, rounded appearance of this hood. It looks unobtrusive compared to the black hood that it replaced.

* CAN$300 at Home Depot

* noise level is probably as advertised

* grease cups are easy to clean in dishwasher

* offwhite colour complements my wall colour better than standard white-white appliance colours

* lighting is pleasant

* effective for normal cooking

* depth provides pretty good capture area for a hood in this price range

CONS:

* noise level is too loud for conversation, talking on the phone, or listening to the radio - noise is an "air moving" noise, not a motor/mechanical noise

* doesn't keep up with smoke from wokking or searing meat, etc.

* wire cages on underside have to be unscrewed for cleaning (not that hard but they do get dirty)

--

I wrote this review because I am finding it really hard to find "real people reviews" of range hoods. I have seen a lot of suspicious positive and negative reviews on consumer sites and even in forums. Although there is a lot of theoretical information available about range hoods, it is still hard to select a residential pro-style model. I hope others will review their installed hoods so that we can be better informed as consumers. Most of the brands/models of range hoods that I am considering cannot be viewed in a showroom in my city.

Comments (6)