Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor Vent Hood Advices

Posted by topman (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 11:55

Hello, I am hoping to get some suggestions on an outdoor vent hood. We will have an outdoor built in grill in our covered porch and am looking for a good/above average outdoor vent hood to pair with it. We are looking for 42” or 48” wide hood that are 27” deep which can cover the grill area. We have 10 ft ceiling in covered porch. The appliance store suggested Ventahood but all the models that they suggested are in the upper $2k-low $3k range, including a duct cover that takes up to the ceiling. These are all stainless steel hoods.

Here are a few questions I have:
1) Is a duct cover necessary?
2) Are there other brand/model that any of you have used and will recommend for outdoor? I was told that I would need at least 600cfm for outdoor grill.
3) We also have a side burner. We will need to go with at least 48” hood in order to cover part of the burner since our grill size is 36”. Is it necessary to get a wider hood for the side burner since it doesn’t produce that much btu and it will be outdoor?

Any information/suggestion on outdoor hood will be helpful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor Vent Hood Advices

Forgot to mention - we are hoping to find hood that are recommended for outdoor use as well that are cheaper than upper $2k (including duct cover if needed). Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here