Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux vs Fridgidaire Professional appliances

Posted by Bergs (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 11:42

I was told ystrday that aside from the Elux having more features, they are both (all Fridg. & Elux) manufactured from the same line. Both having plants in Mexico, the US and wherever else. Elux spending more on advertising than Fridg. therefore costing more.

My question being is there a big quality difference? I need all new appliances and must make a decision by the end of the month. My choices were GE gas cooktop & dbl. wall ovens with Whirlpool fridg. & DW. Then I changed my mind to Elux cooktop & dbl. ovens & possibly fridg. Sales & service for Elux is more Ltd. in my area. I like the SS look from the Prof. line better than Elux. I was not looking for the higher end Elux if that matters to anyone. I am going crazy & have read many posts about not matching SS & handles & going with one brand. It would be easier though! I have considered KA fridg. & DW also.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux vs Fridgidaire Professional appliances

I got a frigidaire 27" double convection oven about 3 years ago. put it in and turned it on. been working fine ever since. Which is better than a lot of the $5000 ovens discussed on this board.

Quality is a very missused word. If you get an appliance that looks good easy to install, works out of the box and keeps working, How can another brand be better quality?

o

I was referring to reliability.

o

I had a Frigidaire Gallery fridge back around 1999. It had a stainless door but the sides were black. That was the one and only time I put in the color of stainless. Anyway, I had no problems with it. I've never owned anything with the Electrolux label. They are the same company.

o

I emailed both Frig. & Elux asking them about the differences. I have not heard back from Elux. but Frig. said it was a matter of looks & features. I don't especially like the side knobs on the Frig. 36" cooktop b/c it they take up more room than front knobs do. I have not read any posts eithers DW.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here