Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
norapds

Bluestar servicing concerning

N
12 years ago

So we are seriously considering a Bluestar 48 - The major concern that my wife has is that living in central California is like living on the moon - OK not that bad but still her concern is about service and/or servicing the range. Should she be concerned? I love the idea that I can open up the BS and replace (by the sounds of it) any part inside of it.

Comments (16)

• Caddidaddy55
    12 years ago

The Bluestar is pretty basic, any reputable service company should be able to service it, maybe even your gas company. There are no electronics other than the ignitors. If you are reasonably handy, yes you can do it yourself. If you buy the new V1 you most likely will never need service.

• tyguy
    12 years ago

Caddi summed it up.

These things are kinda of like the full size american car of yesteryear. Simple, easy to work on. Pretty certain my bs will be planted in the very spot it resides for the rest of my life.

• mojavean
    12 years ago

There is absolutely nothing difficult about a Bluestar range. It is a low-tech beast, as close to a restaurant range as can be had. Period. The Capital Culinarian is an evolutionary move towards commercial range performance in a residential range. It is based around the Capital Precision line. The Bluestar is an evolutionary move towards a residential range from a commercial platform. It is based on the Garland restaurant range. It doesn't have any self-clean option. It has no rotisserie option. It is a simple machine that any competent gas or appliance tech can fix.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Agree with the above...have you also asked your retailer or regional BS rep about post purchase service? I did and now know that there will be no issues finding service should I need it.

• N
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your information. We went ahead and put a down payment on it and are now waiting :)

My wife feels much more comfortable with the purchase. As soon as she saw it she was in love. We can't wait to teach our kids how to cook on it and all the good memories that will be made around range.

• mojavean
    12 years ago

Congrats to you, Nora_PDS. If it was love at first sight I think you will really be happy when you get it home. It is a very solid and capable range, built for the long haul.

• tyguy
    12 years ago

Congrats. I know you will enjoy.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Congrats - for me it was LOVE at first Cook too. A multi hour session with the BS rep and I knew it was the one for me.

Color or stainless??

Cheers to your new range!

M

• willtv
    12 years ago

Your in for a real treat.
    Happy cooking.
    Post some pics when it arrives.

• N
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It finally came in - 2 months and 11 days later...

• willtv
    11 years ago

Pics?

• N
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We are living in a fixer-upper and have been cooking off a 2 burner electric hot plate for the last two years. The range will be well loved.

• tyguy
    11 years ago

Nice range. Looks just like mine! :). You do have a couple more knobs tho, so I would think you have 8 burners? I have grill and griddle so two less knobs.

One thing I am wondering about tho, I thought the newer BS's kick plate was smooth with no louvers in it? I have even seen some in person that were smooth. I wonder if its an option?

• willtv
    11 years ago

Nice range.
    Cute kid.

• N
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tyguy - It's as new as I know it is :: Makes me only wonder... Especially since I have a door alignment problem.

Willtv - I had to sell the other one :)

• MichelleDT
    11 years ago

Nice range, cuter kid. I like the bottom panel with the louvers.