Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestar servicing concerning

Posted by Nora_PDS (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 12 at 11:15

So we are seriously considering a Bluestar 48 - The major concern that my wife has is that living in central California is like living on the moon - OK not that bad but still her concern is about service and/or servicing the range. Should she be concerned? I love the idea that I can open up the BS and replace (by the sounds of it) any part inside of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestar servicing concerning

The Bluestar is pretty basic, any reputable service company should be able to service it, maybe even your gas company. There are no electronics other than the ignitors. If you are reasonably handy, yes you can do it yourself. If you buy the new V1 you most likely will never need service.

o

Caddi summed it up.

These things are kinda of like the full size american car of yesteryear. Simple, easy to work on. Pretty certain my bs will be planted in the very spot it resides for the rest of my life.

o

There is absolutely nothing difficult about a Bluestar range. It is a low-tech beast, as close to a restaurant range as can be had. Period. The Capital Culinarian is an evolutionary move towards commercial range performance in a residential range. It is based around the Capital Precision line. The Bluestar is an evolutionary move towards a residential range from a commercial platform. It is based on the Garland restaurant range. It doesn't have any self-clean option. It has no rotisserie option. It is a simple machine that any competent gas or appliance tech can fix.

o

Agree with the above...have you also asked your retailer or regional BS rep about post purchase service? I did and now know that there will be no issues finding service should I need it.

o

Thank you all for your information. We went ahead and put a down payment on it and are now waiting :)

My wife feels much more comfortable with the purchase. As soon as she saw it she was in love. We can't wait to teach our kids how to cook on it and all the good memories that will be made around range.

o

Congrats to you, Nora_PDS. If it was love at first sight I think you will really be happy when you get it home. It is a very solid and capable range, built for the long haul.

o

Congrats. I know you will enjoy.

o

Congrats - for me it was LOVE at first Cook too. A multi hour session with the BS rep and I knew it was the one for me.

Color or stainless??

Cheers to your new range!

M

o

Your in for a real treat.
Happy cooking.
Post some pics when it arrives.

o

It finally came in - 2 months and 11 days later...

o

Pics?

o

We are living in a fixer-upper and have been cooking off a 2 burner electric hot plate for the last two years. The range will be well loved.

o

Nice range. Looks just like mine! :). You do have a couple more knobs tho, so I would think you have 8 burners? I have grill and griddle so two less knobs.

One thing I am wondering about tho, I thought the newer BS's kick plate was smooth with no louvers in it? I have even seen some in person that were smooth. I wonder if its an option?

o

Nice range.
Cute kid.

o

Tyguy - It's as new as I know it is :: Makes me only wonder... Especially since I have a door alignment problem.

Willtv - I had to sell the other one :)

o

Nice range, cuter kid. I like the bottom panel with the louvers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here